Audi A3 Handsfree - iPhone 4

spaceman86

Reaction score
Alright Chaps,

First post on here after my much awaited purchase of an Audi A3 TDI Sport 1.9. I have a factory installed handsfree but it's on the dash rather than in the armrest. Question is there a iPhone 4 adapter available?

I'll post a picture tomorrow morning..............

Last edited:
Last time I checked there wasn't an iPhone cradle.
You should still be able to connect to it via bluetooth though.

Yep there is i have one :)

Its quite useful boosts the reception and you can set up voice dialing etc. Quite handy if you have tom tom on your iphone aswell as it will keep it docked and charged. I only really bought it to make use of the dash phone holder.

Heres a snap of mine
883313b7.jpg

Really handy as you just press the side buttons to release it aswell so can be removed everyday just for safety.

According to a TT forum member, the iPhone 4 kinda fits in the 3G cradle.

Quote"It works, just test it, less easy to fit but still working"

Last time I was at the dealers they said not to hold my breath for an iphone4 cradle. Although thinking about it, it was about a year ago! lol.

How much did you get it for mate?

Its quite useful boosts the reception and you can set up voice dialing etc. Quite handy if you have tom tom on your iphone aswell as it will keep it docked and charged. I only really bought it to make use of the dash phone holder.

Really handy as you just press the side buttons to release it aswell so can be removed everyday just for safety.

Do u happen to have a part number?

Ok basically the box doesnt have a part number but from what i remember when i went into audi to buy it i just asked for the iphone4 cradle. I said i have the dash board prep but it didnt make a difference if the phone prep was in the glovebox or on the dash its the same cradle.

e0aabd65.jpg

Just found this browsing the net, few audi parts departments list it on there websites

heres the part number: 8T0 051 435 F

farhan, you have two Mac's lol

thants actually a pretty handy little mod there...like it and will list this down on the shopping list. was it cheap?

LOL i have an ipad 2 aswell :)

It was around 110 for the cradle but it can be bought online between 90-110ish

Reactions: 55_UK
Cheers mate you are a life saver! Can you connect a Iphone without the cradle as well?

Heres a snap of mine
883313b7.jpg

yep you can, search for bluetooth devices and enter the code 0000 when audi unit is found

Cheers mate. What's your 1.8TFSI like to drive? I was going to get a 2.0T but daily motorway driving = TDI route

yep you can, search for bluetooth devices and enter the code 0000 when audi unit is found

Its not bad tbh mate, Its pretty nippy and has a very broad torque band. Iv been impressed, i was looking at the 170TDI but this engine interested me because of the slightly cheaper insurance and the fact that its a sister engine to the newer 2.0TFSI units.

Its running the same turbo as the Golf MK6 Gtis so there is alot of room for improvement power wise.

img0090ut.jpg

Nothing can beat an TomTom Iphone Cradle ...this is..My Opinion.....:sly:

Check out the benefits ...

Enhance Safety
Secure Docking
Our specially designed award-winning EasyPort™ mount fixes your iPhone securely to your windscreen or dashboard.

Hands-free calling
Receive calls without taking your eyes off the road, with the built-in speaker you can hear loud and clear. And thanks to the extra-sensitive microphone you can speak freely while keeping your hands on the wheel.

Reduce driver stress
Clear, spoken turn-by-turn instructions
With the built-in speaker you'll hear every voice instruction loud and clear.

Volume control
Easily adjust the volume to your liking with the dedicated volume control, always within reach

Smart Extras
Enhanced GPS performance
The built-in GPS receiver enhances the GPS signal, especially in areas where GPS reception is limited i.e. high rises

Rotates for optimal positioning
Rotate the screen for exceptional widescreen route display. And it folds flat, so moving it from car to car is easy and simple too.

Charge while you drive
While you are driving your iPhone stays charged.

Line out for music playback
AUX out connector to car audio system - requires compatible car audio system

Cheers mate you are a life saver! Can you connect a Iphone without the cradle as well?

my new a3 has a verry simiral ( may be the same kit on my 58 plate) the brand begins with a "B" i think it has three little dots after the name. anyway i dont think it will fit my phone but i like the idear of using it can i take this apart and hide it ? ( it dose have a button on the stearing wheel that i think works with it)

The actual iphone4 cradle can be removed you just push the two side buttons and it will come off, so its pretty handy in that sense. As it boosts reception through my aerial i usually sit and watch top gear on my phone in traffic now and hook up the sound to the aux LOL ITS EPIC!

The actual iphone4 cradle can be removed you just push the two side buttons and it will come off, so its pretty handy in that sense. As it boosts reception through my aerial i usually sit and watch top gear on my phone in traffic now and hook up the sound to the aux LOL ITS EPIC!
lol brilliant.

what will i need to do to convert it so i can just play through speakers and call. i have checked online its called a bury. its an odd looking cradle ( cars getting prepped as we speak in hull )

in fact will i just be able to plug my phone in to the aux in the car and use handsfree that way ?

With the iPhone cradles, they just charge the handset and connect it to the sharkfin aerial, the connectivity is still done via Bluetooth. The older phone cradles actually handled the connectivity too so you could turn off the Bluetooth but that's not the case with the iPhone cradles.

how do you know if its bluetooth? it has a tax disk arel

If what's bluetooth, your car phone kit?

All the Audi phone prep systems are bluetooth, just some have cradle mounts (either on the dash or in the armrest) whilst some don't. The earlier models always came with the cradle mount but now they offer an option without it. Regardless, they always support bluetooth.

Also another way to tell if its bluetooth is the roof aerial, Mine has a roof aerial from standard as i have the bluetooth

dont sount like it is :ohmy: how is that its a ****** 58 plate

Also another way to tell if its bluetooth is the roof aerial, Mine has a roof aerial from standard as i have the bluetooth

As I said, all their kits are bluetooth, but you only get the sharkfin aerial if you have the cradle mount - if you have the basic bluetooth prep but without a cradle then you don't get the sharkfin as it requires a hard connection which only the mount can provide.

You'll also get the sharkfin if you have nav, for the GPS receiver aerial, so in this case it's possible to have the sharkfin without any kind of phone prep.

cant wait too pick it up can puts some pics up then and let you know if it is compatable.

Is there anyway I could put an adaptor for an iPhone 4 in the armrest? I haven't got the phone prep, all I have is the Audi iPod Connection?

Is it possible to have this fitted to mine?

HI GUYS

I KNOW YOU'VE HAD A LONG CONVO ABOUT IT BUT ME BEING DUMB IS STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HOLDER I NEED TO BUY SO IT FITS ONTO THE BUILT IN CRADLE FOR AN A3....CAN YOU HELP ASAP PLEASE!!! HATING THE FACT THAT ITS THERE; LOOKS BLANK...!!!!

THANKS
SHIFA

what mobile have you got firstly? Also the cradles can be bought directly from audi.

Heres a snap of mine
883313b7.jpg

I know this is an old thread but i this a genuine phone cradle and if so can you buy what ever needed to change so it holds other phones ?

If you already have that ugly phone holder screwed into the dash then yes you can buy the mounts to fit your phone onto it but its like £100+ each
If you dont have that phone holder screwed in already then dont bother with it.

And yes the one Farhan has is genuine

My iPhone4 charges through my iPhone3 cradle.
It fits ok too so I'm not buying a new one.

If you already have that ugly phone holder screwed into the dash then yes you can buy the mounts to fit your phone onto it but its like £100+ each
If you dont have that phone holder screwed in already then dont bother with it.

And yes the one Farhan has is genuine

Basket !!! cradle styled ****ing basket !!

I hated the phone holder at first but now that i sit in traffic i just put on youtube LOL or watch tv through my iphone :arco:

I have a galaxy S3 it connects via bluetooth ok but after that it does nothing,am i doing something wrong? i press the left button on the steering wheel and inbetween the speedo and rev counter it says connect phone,i press the right button it says speak on cd unit but thats it nothing else,do they have to be coded into each other or anything ?