Days like this just don't come along very often.......

S3 Wannabe

Reaction score
After reading a few reports of Audi changing coil packs free of charge, I popped into my local dealer earlier this week to see if I qualified. Much to my amazement my luck was in and this morning they changed all 8 including labour free of charge! Champagne in my household tonight, best part of a grands worth of parts and labour for nothing!!!!!!!

:yahoo:

Grands worth of parts and labour! who runs your local dealer **** Turpin??

I'd already changed mine after two failed but called up anyway and booked it in and asked them to refund me for the ones I bought (Luckily I kept the old ones and had the invoice for the new ones to hand) they said the old ones were on the recall so refunded me my monies and cleaned the car inside and out for me!

how did you get it done free?!

I'm pretty sure coil packs are around £100 aren't they??? So that times 8 plus an hours work cannot be to far off a grand.

None publicised recall of inferior coil packs fitted to cars from 2002-4/5ish (not exactly sure), mine were still original ones fitted and therefore eligible for free replacement. Don't ask me why they (Audi) are doing it!

If you think you may be eligible just pop into your local dealer, they'll check the chassis no and let you know straight away. Worth a pun!

Coil packs are about £38 so only about £304 for the 8. labour they would probably charge about 1.5 hours I should think. so still by no means cheap for a service item.

Bowen - If you call up your local dealership and ask them about the 28E9 campaign they should know what your talking about