Door card/window problem

Poke13

Reaction score
Website
www.jcwsdesign.com
Hey guys,

I recently tried to change the clips on my faulty drivers window and tried following guides I have seen but I got stumped once I got as far as taking the subframe off the door. There was a cable I wasnt expecting there and wasnt sure how to disconnect it so due to time I gave in for that session and put it all back together as good as I could.

Got it all back but the door card won't go back exactly as it was it is sitting proud at the top by an extra 1-2cm away from glass and now rubs against the side of the dash when closed.

Anyone have any ideas what I may be missing or what I may have done wrong?

Does the window need to be up or down once the subframe is off?

Anyones experiences with fixing windows/doors would be appreciated!

Thanks

Poke13

Just double/triple check that nothing is blocking the door card and stopping it from being seated properly. I had to give mine a good whack to make sure it was located properly. The individual components are weak but as a whole it should take a good thump with your palm and be ok!

just about how far I got :-S

ea00faae.jpg

Audi%20S3

Last edited:
Are you just having trouble getting the top lip of the door card to sit fully onto the top of the window frame? If so then make sure that you have pushed the insulating/sound deadening material on the door card under the lip on the inside top of the door card so that it can secure onto the window frame. It seems from what you are saying that you are just not seating it correctly on the top of the frame. Not sure if that makes any sense but hopefully you will see what I mean. The window doesn't need to be up or down but I'd suggest keeping it up.

Either up or down- I've done mine with the window up so both ways are fine.

Thanks for the info mings and andy123. Think u may be right about seating but didn't realise there's some stuff I need to put behind something it may have been in my haste and worry!

What are your experiences with the clips? I'm really concerned about getting that far.

What is the last cable from the subframe to door?

Just a stupid question but you have fished the door pin through the hole in the door card before refitting?

Just a stupid question but you have fished the door pin through the hole in the door card before refitting?

Hey AndyMac sorry didn't realise u had replied!

I have still not got round to fixing this door card/window. I did put the door pin through the whole which was very fiddly but the card still sits about 1cm away from where it should.

Investigation needed I think!