How to reset service light?

Maffy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, will be doing the first service on my A3 later this afternoon and hopefully fitting H&R springs if they get delivered in time!!!! Quick question how do I reset the service indicator light?

Cheer

/Maffy

i know on my a4 u can do it by pulling? pushing of the trip reset and clock set buttons in some sort of sequence( spelling) with the ignition on. i know thats not a lot of help. hav a fiddle

On my A3 I had to hold the button under the clock and the odometer reset button, then turned the igntion on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I played around with it for a whilel, but DO remember that the trick was to hold BOTH buttons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

HTH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

it says in the a3 manual. but ofhand i think you press and hold the trip button, turn ign on, release the trip button and then pull or turn the clock button to the right.

Cheers for the help you were all on the right lines, I never thought to look in the handbook I presumed Audi would keep it to themselves but to my shock page 85 full instructions.

thanks

/Maffy

alot of cars now say how to reset the service light in the handbook, it makes my job easier been a mechanic.