Lowering A3......

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening Gents.

So the folks are wanting to lower their 2.0T A3, the car looks like its on stilts as youll see in the pics.
Now their not wanting to drop its **** on coilies etc, they just want to lower it so it sits nice. Ive had a look around and H&R seem a popular spring, spoke to awesome gti and they say the 35mm H&R's are what their fitting to alot of 8p's, whats everyones thoughts? Would they need to change the dampers along with the springs? What drop would you guys says, 40,50,60mm?
Heres some pics:
IMG_0741-1.jpg

IMG_0738-1.jpg

IMG_0739-1.jpg

i would say that needs 50mm drop m8 im thinking of droping mine 50mm soon

that looks high for a sline a3. i'd go for 50mm drop min.

The cars not actualy a sline, it turns out its badged up as a sline model but isnt, Previous owners for ya lol.

So what about the dampers? Ive seen on here a few people mentioning fitting sline dampers to help with the ride when fitting springs!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? no.... Its an a3 :huh: That looks like Its sitting in the clouds Im sure mine dosen't sit that high. very strange

Wow I've never seen an Audi a3 So High ......

big-alloys.jpg

:ohmy:

Lmao.

Yeah it is high, doesnt help with it been on the drive etc. So are H&R springs good for keeping a oem ride quality then?

Looks like it's still got the blocks in the suspension from factory haha!

a lot of people swear by the H&R 50mm... I havent personally used them but its come up time and time again.

Try and get the correct struts (dampers) for them too as paired correctly will ensure a good ride.

F*ck me! That car looks like it's been smoking crack, it's so high!

Get a H&R cup kit on that before someone gets a nose bleed.

What about an S line set up?

I think it's about 10-15mm lower than sport.

I had the S line springs and shocks on mine and it's quite a bit lower than your pics.

May be worth considering as a budget option and it wouldn't surprise me if there is someone on here with a set to sell.

I suppose it depends how low 'the folks' wanna go. Lol

I THINKING OF GOING coilovers very soon and have s-line springs on mine and also had all new shocks fitted which have done less than 10,000

will be selling so open to offers

ive used Eibach Pro Springs in the past and they were great, just enough drop nothing to drastic but improved the body roll and was just right for our utterly **** roads lol and looking on venom motorsport they are £141

Is changing the springs going to comprise the comfort at all? In my mind lowering means the ride will be a bit harder over the bumps, is there some loss of smoothness?

Those photo's are amazing. I guess it must be the slope of the drive making it look worse than it is. It looks like it's been jacked up.

the ride will get a little bit stiffer and bumpy but all depends how low you go ;)