cataclean is worth it IMO!!!!!!!

syski999

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to say ive just done a round trip From Nottingham to Newquay in my a3 1.8t remapped to 197bhp
i filled the tank up from empty and hit no traffic at all. On the way down to Newquay i was averaging 29mpg driving between 70 and 80 all the way and got 300mile out of a tank exactly.
with 1/4 of a tank left i ran some cataclean through the system as i was having an intermittent fault codes coming up regarding the o2 sensors "poor performance pre cat" on the way home i drove in the same manner between 70 and 80 all the way back with no traffic, and i averaged 33.3mpg and i got 347 miles out of a full tank.

Do you think this stuff could have such an impact on improved mpg?
each leg of the journey was almost the same, Same speed, no traffic, and i filled up just before joining the motorway on each leg of the journey,

what do you rek guys?

Funny that when I went down to Newquay in my wifes golf I averaged less going down than coming back and didn`t change a thing in the car, infact we probally had more weight coming home due to the supply of Rattler :).

47 extra miles for going down hills all the way home not sure about that?
i have no idea if this is a factor?

I know either going or coming home from north wales I get 46mpg one way and 50 mpg the other seems strange but ive always put it down to head winds. Get it a lot in france when we go with a "caravan" to the south of france always tows better up country than down.

with a de-cat i average 33-35MPG (town driving) on a run i can get it up to 38-40mpg, driving at 70/80 staying off boost