M6 Toll road

CJ A4

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Any of you guys driven on the M6 Toll road yet. Drove through it on Friday....what a great stretch of road to drive on. Hardly any traffic smooth fresh tarmac and long sweeping bends with nice grassy hills either side. Was a pleasure to drive shame more of the motorways arnt like it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

ooh! That's far to East of England for me... bit too close to Wales if you know what I mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif There be Dragons there!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

yeah its pretty good stretch of tarmac up there, used it a few times

esp the fact that ive never seen a police car on it.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

its awesome..

i would gladly give my vote towards more toll roads..

[ QUOTE ]

i would gladly give my vote towards more toll roads..

[/ QUOTE ]

ONLY if they abolish road tax though! then I would support tolls and congestion charging

Yeah i would agree 100% more toll roads and abolish road tax! Richy i know what you mean no police and loads of fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Not been on it but a mate says it's the best £3 he's ever spent when it comes to driving....

think there should be some sort of league table on who an get from one end to the other in the quickest time.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah and then people can tell stories of their near death experiences when they get out of hospital /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Funily enough, I went on it for the first time last week and I live about 3 miles away from it lol. Was doing a respectable 90ish with the family on board and every other car was pulling away! Good peice of tarmac and definitely saved me some time going up north. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

i use this regularly, save money on fuel as a short cut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

there are police on it though! be warned,

an unlucky passat owner found out the hard way, joined after me i'd clocked the police car but he hadn't and he pulled into fast lane and sped off, 3 miles later i see him pulled over with the copper, he was definently doing over a hundred

other than that its a fantastic newest private road in the country :thumbs up:

Good to c u back CJ ,
not had the pleasure of going on it yet but would on next trip south just to c hope good it is , am with brave pilot on his comments wouldnt mind road tolls but only IF the do away with road tax!

ive used it a few times..... awsome bit of road. great for bikes.
made me think.......the amount we all pay for road tax, all motorways should be of the same quality. what with the grassy banks and the smoothness its a pleasure to drive down.
as for rozzers, i heard that it was a private road (hence the toll) and the law couldnt do you, just warn you about saftey ??? not sure if i quite beleive this, but it could be plausable???
anyone know ??

last summer.... M6 Toll road.....167 mph.... Yamaha R1. brown trousers ...blurred vision. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Still haven't been allowed on it.

They won't allow push bikes, yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yeah it a great stretch of road

managed 145 on that and there was no other cars on it
wasnt sure if I had driven onto a closed road or something

fantastic road and good in wet too - no rain spray at all

Always use it when back in the UK as it takes me straight from the airport to the company I visit taking literally 25 minutes instead of the 45 minutes to 1 hour it would take otherwise!

As has ben said though be warned it is quite heavily patrolled from what I've seen, but the advantage is that the raods are so wide and open you should be able to spot them a distance off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've used it a few times when driving from London to Glasgow. But every time someone asks me what it's like, I tell them it's awful & a waste of £3.

After all, why spoil it by encouraging other people to use it?

[ QUOTE ]
lol jdp! what an excellent idea!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, AJ. No point getting older if you don't get wiser! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Don't you guys think it's fun doing the 0-70+ right after the paybooths, it's like a scene out of Gumball rally, where all of us have to get into the three lanes asap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif