central locking problem

egesford

Reaction score
hi, i have a 2001 a3 tdi which iv recently bought. The central locking and electric windows packed up at the same time the other day, i checked the fuses and one was blown, this fixed the window problem but the central locking still doesnt want to work.
when i use the button inside the car i can hear a noise from the boot, but locks dont open. I heard there is a box in the boot thats prone to failure, is this likely with these symptoms? cheers

sounds like poss the micro switch in the door latch maybe faulty, i had similar problem except the door open on the dash would light up on mine !!!

Change the central locking pump in boot mine done exactly the same changed fuse windows worked but no locking. Brought second hand unit fitted it and all sorted.
If it vacuum unit located under pass rear light then Audi a3 97 to 2001 fits a4 avant 1999-2002 or a8 1997-2003

Change the central locking pump in boot mine done exactly the same changed fuse windows worked but no locking. Brought second hand unit fitted it and all sorted.
If it vacuum unit located under pass rear light then Audi a3 97 to 2001 fits a4 avant 1999-2002 or a8 1997-2003

ideal sounds like a plan. i forgot to mention the key fob will still open the boot, and operate the alarm. the pump sounds like a good place to start, cheers

ideal sounds like a plan. i forgot to mention the key fob will still open the boot, and operate the alarm. the pump sounds like a good place to start, cheers<br><br>

anybody know the part number for the pump by any chance?

Check the air pipes 1st, if its using the pump version, as these can come of or break at certain points & thus stops locks from working, as you can hear the pump, which is also the central convenience module, that sounds like its working but vacuum system isnt sealed, thus pipe leak, does the pump seem to run on for ages & ages, if so then its air leak.