Brake judder

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
No, not warped discs, it would seem that some pad material has melted itself onto the surface of the discs, so when it's all warmed up, I'm getting brake judder under heavy braking on my Brembo's!
Would skimming the discs and getting a set of new pads cure this?

I've priced up a set of 2 piece disks and new Ferodo DS2500 pads, and that's going to cost £700+ which is a bit too much to what I was thinking of spending, so any thoughts on replacements?

Anyone tried these?

SEAT LEON CUPRA R FRONT DRILLED & GROOVED BRAKE DISCS | eBay

Yea if there is a major lip on your discs,or the lineing has changed in any form that would cause that problem!,i would buy new ones!

Yea if there is a major lip on your discs,or the lineing has changed in any form that would cause that problem!,i would buy new ones!

There's little or no lip really, I've done around 6k miles on them, here's where you can see a shadow of the pad outline!

4573ce28.jpg

a98d2614.jpg

If anything they dont look to bad quite hard to see on the pic!,id get some emery cloth and take the surface of the pad of,cleen up the caliper carriers and push pistons back,might be the pads are'nt moveing the way they should ect!,id try before changeing them!

And you would have noticed if the disc was faulty out of shape when you first fitted them!so cant be that!

If anything they dont look to bad quite hard to see on the pic!,id get some emery cloth and take the surface of the pad of,cleen up the caliper carriers and push pistons back,might be the pads are'nt moveing the way they should ect!,id try before changeing them!

It's definitely pad material on the disk, I did it at CastleCombe 2 years ago, despite the slowest inlap with no braking, and it started to vibrate badly on my 2nd session, cutting it short. And since then, my car has covered only 1k miles max!

Apart from skimming the disc, any other way I could clean it up? I'd get some new pads ready for the Combe again next month! :racer:

And you would have noticed if the disc was faulty out of shape when you first fitted them!so cant be that!

Definitely not warped disc, they brake fine when cold, just judders when all warmed up, I warped a pair of Brembo drilled discs before, this doesn't feel like it.

Last edited:
Joe, stay away from drilled discs.. crappy from my experience. Calipers feel ok? Sometimes you cant really see a warped disc but then again im thinking you have had it tucked away for a while. I had to regrind my discs on my fiesta as they warped. Bang some tarox f2000's on :D

Joe, stay away from drilled discs.. crappy from my experience. Calipers feel ok? Sometimes you cant really see a warped disc but then again im thinking you have had it tucked away for a while. I had to regrind my discs on my fiesta as they warped. Bang some tarox f2000's on :D

Warped discs would shake when cold Gops, I warped a set of drilled Brembo disks in 500 miles! £350+vat for replacements!! Never again! lol

I have a set of pretty much new 323mm EBC grooved discs, pm me if you are interested

when I say new I mean like 200 miles..... took them off because the kit (calipers and brackets) were crap so went back to standard....

If the pads are in good nick, just get the discs radially ground, and re-fit, they are going to get hammered at coombe, so new discs would just be wasted,

If the pads are in good nick, just get the discs radially ground, and re-fit, they are going to get hammered at coombe, so new discs would just be wasted,

That's the thing, I think the pads must be damaged from this, I want new pads, but wondering if I should replace the disks at the same time?