Test drive Alfa GT 3.2 24v

abmunro

Reaction score
I have managed to book a test drive of an Alfa GT 3.2 24v for SAT morning.

I had a look at one today. The Black leather interior is far superior to my S4's and the shape of the car is beautiful.

But with only 240bhp I think it will be disapointing.

With leather and 18" wheels it comes in at £28,000.

With leather and 18" wheels it comes in at £28,000
but being an alfa whats it gonna be worth in 12 months ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Yeah i was looking at the GT before i bought my A4. Lovely looking car but a friend of mine said that Alfa's are prone to having a lot of electrical problems. He works in a car dealership so i figured his opinion counted a little more than your average joe. Enjoy the test drive anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

And watch out for the dealers themselves. From the experience I have had with them, forget the problems you may have had with Audi. I don't think there is a translation in Italian for Customer Service.

[ QUOTE ]
having said all the bad points, there are 2 good points to most alfas - it should sound the `dogs` and the engine will be nice and `revvy`,

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, there are a few plus's...
The sound is infectious...the looks amazing (to me anyway), they are generally fun to drive....and they have proper soul.

I'd have a decent Alfa anyday...it would be nice if they didn't fall out of bed, second hand though...
But there again...I wonder if I can find a used GTA 3.2 of some type...?
Hmm...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
having said all the bad points, there are 2 good points to most alfas - it should sound the `dogs` and the engine will be nice and `revvy`,

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, there are a few plus's...
The sound is infectious...the looks amazing (to me anyway), they are generally fun to drive....and they have proper soul.

I'd have a decent Alfa anyday...it would be nice if they didn't fall out of bed, second hand though...
But there again...I wonder if I can find a used GTA 3.2 of some type...?
Hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]
totally agree, i quite like them coz you`ve got to have driver input to get best out of them, worth waiting a few months to see how quick they drop to about 15k (bout 18 i reckon)

Alfas can be great cars to drive, provided they belong to someone else.

As an ownership experience, it could possibly be the worst you ever encounter.

The new alfa's arent so bad at all. Its the older cars Pre 155 that got them the bad reputation. compared to an audi its abviously not going to be in the same league but you dont buy one for its reputation or depreciation. They are an infectious car, drive one and you'll love it! The engine in the GTA is one of the best looking engines and it sounds the absolute business. Real smile on your face driving, and like has been said, you do have to drive it. Unlike most new cars-it doesnt drive you.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif never a truer word said, let someone else throw the money at it. you just have the fun driving it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same opinion of French cars...I wouldn't have one parked on my driveway!
They always seem to be ready to fall to bits...Pugs, Renaults, Citroens...all the same.

Strangely, I'd prefer an Alfa....at least they are styled with flair!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same opinion of French cars...I wouldn't have one parked on my driveway!
They always seem to be ready to fall to bits...Pugs, Renaults, Citroens...all the same.

Strangely, I'd prefer an Alfa....at least they are styled with flair!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif they do fall to bits far too easily but as weekend/fun cars they're hard to beat. My old clio valver was still my favourite car. I've been fortunate enough to own pretty much every hot hatch and as far as french ones go for chassis, handling etc you cant touch them. sooo much fun. I still have a 205 GTi out the front for the odd blast every now and then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had an Alfa Spider until about 6 months ago 1997 2.0 Lusso.

Great car just a bit slow..

We shalll see what this is like.

Yeah the 156 GTA's look well smart. Sound pretty nice as well.

Aparently i have been told by some Italians who live near me that Alfas are only good in Italy. I don't know how this may be but he says they are a lot more reliable over there. But they must do something right somewhere to still be in business.

During an edition of Top Gear in the series before last, JC called for a show of hands poll of the audience asking how many of them had come to the studio in an Alfa. No one put their hands up.

RH said the result proved that contrary to popular belief, people who cared about cars just didn't buy Alfas.

JC said what the result really proved was that the people who had set off for the studio in Alfas had broken down on the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

True , very true. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Well just took the Alfa out for test drive.

When turning from junction couldn't keep the power down, loads of wheelspin.

Plenty of power and beautifully smooth.

Beautiful to look at

Interior awsome.

Price £28,500 predicted 3 year value shock horror £6900. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I think that just blew any chance of deal out of water..

Just have to wait 3 years and pick up a bargain, if the car lasts that long, life expectancy on Alfa's is not much beyond 3 years.