Ala.. seats

pure

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does any one know if the Alcantara seats are covered by Audi under warenty?

My drivers seat, by the lumbar support has gone all bobbly. Think it is just from getting in and out of the car.

Any1 know how to sort it out? Or prevent it from getting worst?

If I pick all the bobbles off, do you think it would look worst?

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Drill, does it still look ok after you have Sheared / shaved it? Or does it look worn. I was gonna post a pic of mine on here, I think it look worst with the silver ala seats. Basically it makes them look dirty :-/

[ QUOTE ]
This was brought up recently and I think someone suggested using a sweater shaver (whatever that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif) to remove the bobbles.

Mines done 17k miles and the alcanataras looking more worn in the lower back area of the seat and where my thighs rest. I keep meaning to get audi to take a look at it regarding a warranty claim but I haven't had the chance.

Imo the alcantara is not as hard wearing as the full leather and audi should sort this - obviously they'll try the 'wear and tear' angle to get out of this. I'm sure according the sales of goods act that the alcatara seats have to be 'fit for purpose', but the problem comes in getting audi to agree to this.

Maybe a few of us should get together and make a joint claim so audi dont just think we're one off chancers hoping to get new seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

dealer and see what their point of view is on this problem? I'm in work at the min and rushed off me feet :-/

[ QUOTE ]
Drill, does it still look ok after you have Sheared / shaved it? Or does it look worn. I was gonna post a pic of mine on here, I think it look worst with the silver ala seats. Basically it makes them look dirty :-/

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah dude, as far as I can tell it looks normal. Don't have the digi-cam at work today, but will try to get a pic this weekend for ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers matey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please keep me posted on this dudes. thanks!
sorry this is here twice, the forum went a bit crazy!

asked dealer about my bobling, as far as they are concerned its wear and tear .... gonna try cleaning them first and see if when damp the bobbles can be brushed out using a suede cleaning brush, (light weight wire brush) .... will let u know when i get around to it - far too cold outside at the mo.

tell me about it mate, just been out cleaning the neggy.....and my tdi quattro..... it actually started snowing too!!

crazy!
bah!

yansgti - why do you call your commonly known as noggy - neggy? (noticed this on your other posts too) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheers for pointing this out dude..! its cos I am a ******!! lol - just getting my wires crossed..!!

cheers!
bah!

[ QUOTE ]
yansgti - why do you call your commonly known as noggy - neggy? (noticed this on your other posts too) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Was gonna ask this too, thought it was a typo until I saw it as neggy in this post too. Ah well as long as you know now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
cheers for pointing this out dude..! its cos I am a ******!! lol - just getting my wires crossed..!!

cheers!
bah!

[/ QUOTE ]

awww shame.....i was hoping for some exotic explanation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif i think you should call your car neggy anyway lol

sorry ian mate, i let you down there!! i will think of a story..!

bah!