mpg on a 2.0t s line quattro

giggs

Reaction score
hi there everyone i am thinking of getting a 2.0t s line quattro and was wondering what sort of mpg people are getting from them ive been on autotrader and it said they did 37.9 combined and then i went on a car dealers website and it said they did 31.7 combined.

37.9 is a bit ambitious I'd say. I get 30 average from my S3 so 34 maybe? Had 36 average from my non quattro 2.0T.

Basically, its MASSIVELY down to how you drive it.

On a full tank I can anything from 220 miles (driving like I stole it) up to about 350-370 miles (my grandmother driving like she stole it).

I have the 1.8TFSI and heres what i average

Rushing to work mixed driving - 30-33MPG
Grandad Driving Town Mixed - 34-36
Grandad Driving Dual Carriageways Mainly - 36 Solid

Motorway at steady speed - 36-40MPG

Driving like i stole it - 20-30mpg

Not bad i reckon, I would imagine the 2.0TFSI would be slightly below my figures.

I don't like all the mpg figures, they can be wildly out at times.

How many gallons in our tank??? 12??
So at 34mpg (i.e. mixed driving) thats about 400 miles to the tank. Are you guys really getting that?

I'm not, unless i'm on a motorway.
Normal around town driving I get about 300 to the tank, with maybe a few more in reserve.

I have the 1.8TFSI and heres what i average

Rushing to work mixed driving - 30-33MPG
Grandad Driving Town Mixed - 34-36
Grandad Driving Dual Carriageways Mainly - 36 Solid

Motorway at steady speed - 36-40MPG

Driving like i stole it - 20-30mpg

Not bad i reckon, I would imagine the 2.0TFSI would be slightly below my figures.

Why would you stole your own car for?:p

After getting caught speeding recently I thought I'd calm down for a few weeks. On a weekend away I managed to get 410 miles from the tank with 50 miles still showing on DIS. Said an average of 38.2 on DIS but worked out at 37.9
when I worked it out manually after filling up. Averaged 42 on 2nd leg of the journey.
It was the most boring few days of my life but its out my system now and I can go back to "normal" driving now :racer:

Average speed of that journey never to be repeated....​

Very rare to see less than 400 miles out of a tank for me. Mines a 2.0T non quattro DSG. Best was 460!

Last edited:
I don't like all the mpg figures, they can be wildly out at times.

How many gallons in our tank??? 12??
So at 34mpg (i.e. mixed driving) thats about 400 miles to the tank. Are you guys really getting that?

I'm not, unless i'm on a motorway.
Normal around town driving I get about 300 to the tank, with maybe a few more in reserve.

60 mpg at 70 on thr motorway
45 mpg to work on a roads and a lot of stop start

On my commute to work i can occasionally get 26 (DIS)mpg, if traffic is really bad i can see less than 20:faint:.

My DIS average over 2 years was 29.2mpg on my old 2.0T quattro. It stayed at about 25mpg around town and could just scrape 40mpg on a gentle long run.

Stupid road tax. I do circa 3k per year in my MK2 and it costs me £215/year! Wtf? How many A3 TDi owners do 30k+ and it costs them £155? But your right, that is one of the few benefits of having a smoker haha.

My DIS average over 2 years was 29.2mpg on my old 2.0T quattro. It stayed at about 25mpg around town and could just scrape 40mpg on a gentle long run.

I get the same figures. To a tank I get around 340miles which is generalt around town driving.

The Quattro does take a far bit of fuel consumption. Reckon on about 5mpg I would say when comparing to a non Quattro 2.0T...

Stupid road tax. I do circa 3k per year in my MK2 and it costs me £215/year! Wtf? How many A3 TDi owners do 30k+ and it costs them £155? But your right, that is one of the few benefits of having a smoker haha.
i only do like 8-10k just cheaper insurance

Insurance not too bad, £1k for the S3 & Golf. But I am 30 now and my postcode is cheap.

I get the same figures. To a tank I get around 340miles which is generalt around town driving.

The Quattro does take a far bit of fuel consumption. Reckon on about 5mpg I would say when comparing to a non Quattro 2.0T...

I'm looking at getting an A3 to replace the 4. So this is interesting.

How much to fill the tank?

I'm currently running an A4 tdi and CTR so trying to get a car to do both.

Cheers

I'm looking at getting an A3 to replace the 4. So this is interesting.

How much to fill the tank?

I'm currently running an A4 tdi and CTR so trying to get a car to do both.

Cheers

From empty (i.e. light is on on the dash) then it's £70 to fill up but then that does obviously depend on the price of the fuel. I don't run Super Unleaded.

I bet a CTR cost more to run than my A3...

Interesting info, I'm considering one of these as a replacment for my 8L S3 if I can't afford an 8P S3 when the time comes.

Doesn't look like theres much in it from an 8L S3 to 8P S3 MPG wise, most of driving is around town so good to see you guys posting the figures. I get far less than 30MPG round town in mine. 25 on a good day!!

From empty (i.e. light is on on the dash) then it's £70 to fill up but then that does obviously depend on the price of the fuel. I don't run Super Unleaded.

I bet a CTR cost more to run than my A3...

I dont use the CTR very often as its so juicy. Its not the cheapest car to run. thats why i need something that will do both. Cut back on 2 lots of insurance etc.