S4 Avus alloys vs RS4's

AudiSport

Reaction score
Hi All,

I fancy a change, as per usual... And have decided I would like to change my genuine 18'' S4 Avus alloys for a set of 18'' RS4's. I'm after the more recent seven twin spoke design fitted on the B7 RS4.

So, if anyone fancies doing a deal / swop with mine let me know! Failing that, if you like what you see below drop me a pm and I'll give you a heads-up before I put them in the classifieds section. All four alloys are in good condition with good tyres.

05.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

I'm actually prefering the S4's on them, so much easier to clean, get it lowered and add some spacers, much better :)

The RS4 ones, although nice, seem to be on pretty much most audi's I see now, bit too common, and a pain in the **** to clean

IMAG0147.jpg

i really like the b7 on avus alloys, leave them on mate they look sweet if i ever change mine thats what i would probably want

Thanks for all your comments guys, it seems these wheels are pretty popular amongst you lot! The reason for wanting to change them is that I really like the look of the RS4's, and also I think I will be changing my car after Christmas and the RS4's will look more OEM. The S4's look great, but will not be to everyones taste and I've always had far more success selling cars that look innocent!

So, any RS4's out there?

Theres a few nice looking replicas on the bay and DareWheels near me do a nice set - can anyone recommend any suppliers? And, what offset should I go for, standard 43 or there are a few 40's out there?

Last edited:
What offset should I go for when looking at replicas? 40? Or the standard 43?

Lower the offset the more the wheel will petrude from the arch. That said 3mm isn't anything major so either will be fine.

I'm surprised to read that the Avus S4 alloys I've got have an offset of 45, compared to the standard 43 the s-line 18" alloys have! You would think the S4's have a wider stance, not a narrower one?!

Last edited:
I'm actually prefering the S4's on them, so much easier to clean, get it lowered and add some spacers, much better :)

The RS4 ones, although nice, seem to be on pretty much most audi's I see now, bit too common, and a pain in the **** to clean

IMAG0147.jpg

What size spacers have you got, 10mm? Any more pics?

I've recently picked up a set of these and am considering putting them on my S-line Special Edition which already has the RS4 18" wheels (thought they were ET42). One of the sets will get winter tyres or maybe all-season (controversial I know) tyres on, with the possibility of putting off-road tyres on the RS4 wheels for transfer to my allroad. The A4 may be going yet, so your comments and photos are really helpful, especially since mine's (Phantom) black too. Probably will be fitting 245/40 R 18 which I know will fit as I had to use this size on some ET50 (less clearance) Skoda wheels I fitted for a few weeks the other winter.

Well I picked up my RS4's last weekend, so I will be putting my genuine Avus S4's in the classifeds over the weekend. PM me if your interested. They are in immaculate condition. The four wheels that have been on my car are fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tyres, and the spare has a Continental. All tyres are legal, balanced and free from any punctures. However they will need changing in a few thousand miles.

DSC01024.jpg

Wheel 1:
DSC01025.jpg

Wheel 2:
DSC01026.jpg

Wheel 3:
DSC01027.jpg

Wheel 4:
DSC01028.jpg

Wheel 5:
DSC01029.jpg