Bulbs??

S3featesV9

Reaction score
Im sure most people are prepping their cars for the winter now and I'm wanting some new bulbs, main, dipped and fogs. Just wondering which ones are best. And what size are they? Think I'll be after some yellow fog bulbs as we will be getting a fair bit of snow!

What have people fitted and can say they are better than standard?

i havent replaced as yet but am in the same process. I was going to certainly replace my fogs for yellows. Not sure if i will do full beam as i barely use them.

I was going to get the RING ALL WEATHER H7 bulbs for the fogs.....but am struggling to source them!

I believe the bulbs are H7 for both full beam and fogs

btw, if you try to buy from the below link they will cancel your order and refund your money as the website is not used anymore but they havent bothered to shut it down!

h7

no add to cart button......called them.....they don't do mail order anymore.....yet another shop that doesn't have the time (cant be bothered) to keep their site running. :( ...........the search continues.

Yeah I really want yellow fogs, struggle to find any too. I'll get sum 5000k bulbs to for headlights. Should have me set for winter then. Plus sum decent screen wash!!

from everything i have read.....everyone still prefers proper VAG screenwash for winter......goes to -70c or something if mixed right.

so unless someone can tell me in the very near future something better, I will be getting VAG

What are the sidelight bulbs? Current mine look like 4 tiny leds in one bulb - are these standard on a 2002 8l?
Drivers side start flashing today so needing to get them replaced asap

Standard sidelights are 501 filament bulbs. I got led ones off eBay..... Yiu just need to make sure they won't throw a canbus error (bulb out) otherwise you will have to solder a resistor across the terminals as well.

Oooooh interesting. I have always stayed clear from "x% brighter bulbs" as they usually are said to burn hotter and therefore have a shorter lifespan..... But osram claim 50% longer life too!.... May have to give them a go in my main beams.

Are there any bulbs for the Hids that are upgrades? Or are they all similar?

Phillips Extreme Vision 5000k bulbs are brilliant bright and long lasting as for the yellow fogs why not laminex tint the lenses yellow??

just fitted some phillips xtreme vision bulbs (as linked above) and they arent white, theyre like a faint yellow? like old style bulbs. is this right?

also fitted the orsam night breakers into the fogs, which i did with bumper off as i had to repair my headlight anyway. but before starting the job i couldnt see how to change them...without removing bumper?? can you get them from under neath.

as id like to swap them over, as id prefere a white bulb in the main beam than in the fog.

You get to the fogs by removing the front grills next to the fogs. ( behind which is the hole). Then there are 2 screw for the fogs and 1 locating rowel per fog.

I believe the only way into the headlamps is bumper removal.

nah, headlamps are easy enough...unless removing the whole unit. i just rechecked...and its all good. they arent yellow, just look it if you look down on them.

ah yeah, never though about getting to fog bulbs like that, i had fog grills off too so cover the leneses in lamin-x film, which ive now removed because it looked s**t haha