maf part number

coatesy

poking badgers with spoons
Reaction score
i have used the search bit to find it but im confused the part number on the maf on my 1997 1.8T sport when i Google it comes up with vw sharan or what ever its called part number (0 280 217 121)

im guessing that's not the right maf for my car anybody help me out with the right part number, when iv googled AGU maf part number iv found this (0 280 217 117)

the 217 117 is the same as my AGU maf that i bought & I believe from memory the same as my gsf replacement Maf.

OEM part number for an AGU sensor is 037906461c which is the same as an AJH Sharan sensor so it probably is right.

bought a maf fair enough it wasn't a Bosch one because i can not afford the price they ask lol

put it on my car and all the car does at idle is bounce between 1100 and 400 rpm like its going to cut out but revives its self.

any ideas is it broke or something else is broke? send it back ? eat it ? play air flow manager 2011 with it lol

bought a maf fair enough it wasn't a Bosch one because i can not afford the price they ask lol

put it on my car and all the car does at idle is bounce between 1100 and 400 rpm like its going to cut out but revives its self.

any ideas is it broke or something else is broke? send it back ? eat it ? play air flow manager 2011 with it lol

Was it a brand new one? I purchased a new MAF which wasn't a Bosch item neither for my S3, under £50, no problems at all, car is running great, and performed good out on track too!

yeah man it was new it was an ebay jobber but the bloke has nothing but good feedback.

on the other side of things iv just looked at the maf on my a3 again and the part number is 0 280 217 112 :( not the same as what is on other peoples agu or what jason helped me out with.

so it is pretty much my fault for been bone idle

TBH ebay MAF's are generally rubbish... AGU's do everything using the MAF, the ECU is almost totally reliant on it...

Said it before but I'll say it again, only way you can more or less guaranty you won't have a problem is to buy a Bosch sensor...

The AGU went through a couple of different sensors IIRC depending on year/VIN...

Best bet is to have a look on Euro Car Parts or at the very least give an Audi dealer a call to get an idea of what you will be paying...

one of the AGU sensors is...

Bosch Audi | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

<tuffty/>