more central locking problems (not pump)

egesford

Reaction score
My central locking has packed up, again. It went about a month ago so i replaced the motor in the central locking pump, which fixed the problem. Now its stopped working again.
The drivers door unlocks from the key/fob/button
the boot opens from the key/fob
all the other doors have to be opened manually
Any ideas would be appreciated, im sure the pump is fine as its just been fixed, and the drivers door still opens on the fob
cheers

I had this problem, turned out my rear washer had come apart in boot, and squirted watter around, ended up with water damage to the electronics in the pump.

Some functions worked, like unlocking drivers door only. And electric windows packed up to, i believe it all runs of the board inside the pump.

Had to replace the whole unit in the end.

wont be this as the rear washer/wiper has been removed lol

Vacuum is not tight. You may have a hole somewhere in connection central locking pump-back doors-central locking pump.

Does your pump can be heard once you open all doors for about 10-15 sec??

the pump only goes for about two seconds, same as it always has, does anyone know where the air pipes run as i dont want to rip the car to pieces trying to find them lol

Hi
The air pipes run on both sides of the car on the carpet edges.

The VCDS shoud show you what is wrong but if you saying motor works only 2 sec. there may be different problem with it.

Vacuum is not tight. You may have a hole somewhere in connection central locking pump-back doors-central locking pump.

Does your pump can be heard once you open all doors for about 10-15 sec??

Sounds like the problem I've got. Do you have a diagram of where this runs to/from?

just took the pump out to check, and only one of the outlets is working, im planning to just tee off the working one but dont know if it will have enough guts???

If you check it on vag com it might have a vacuum pump over run fault.

I found mine had a leak at a connection in either the front passenger footwell cover or just to the back of the passenger seat.
Pipe runs down that side. I don't recall where the connection was, but i just re-assembled them with a smear of silicone sealant & no probs since.