what iv been busy with

coatesy

poking badgers with spoons
Reaction score
so i bought an ebay fmic kit thinking i could get it on with out having to cut the bumper up. LOL

first attempt the pipes stuck out so much i had to butcher most of the front bumper :( after been p!ssed about it not been hidden i decided to make it fit so i bought a meter of ally pipe and a meter of silicone hose and two 45 degree bends and a new bumper half.

after two full days of blood, tears and swear words i got it on with out cutting the bumper :D

any way some pictures.

these are the pipes that came with the kit.

the intercooler.

dead bird?

new cooler on not straight but it was on this was the first time around at fitting it.

the cooler got straightened when i had made a bracket to attach it to the car. then i forgot to take photos of everything lol,

so i the end theres loads of work to fit an ebay fmic with out cutting the bumper, anyway here is a finished picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done for making it fit, but seriously dude, it's well off centre, and royally ****** as well!

Couldn't you have straightened it up a tad?

with the way the pipes were that's the best i could get it, by all means if i was a full on car mechanic id see the bad side of it but seeing as im not and the only thing iv done on a car ever in my life that was a pretty big job was this lol

the thing with it been further over to the right was the way the pipe bent around the horns and up to match up to the pipe coming from the turbo. the wonkeyness would of been when i got the bumper back on its probably forced the core down abit, i had to make my own bracket to fix it to the crash bar as when i mocked it up on the actual crash bar there was no way i was getting the bumper back on and it didn't move nor wobble before i put the bumper on.

anyway man it was hard as sh!t to get on never mind it been perfect but in the end im happy the cars happy.

So long as youre happy dude, I'm just being fussy!

Once you know it all works and is leak free, then perhaps you could try and realign it when the weather gets better again next year!

looks good.

have you got any more photos of the pipes not on the car. so i could copy the pipes to hide mine behind the bumper

paint it black
you wont see it then

Lol @ Prawn, i must admit i would not be able to live with it looking like that, but fair play to you for having a go and saved your self a good few quid....
like said when you have forgotton about the blood/sweat/tears get a fellow member to help you get it fitting better.....Well done though, and like you said , the car does not know anythings a miss and will run a lot cooler ......:icon_thumright:

It looks like the Intercooler is just being held by the hoses or have you used brackets and mounted it to the front panel?

LOL the proverbial cow with a gun springs to mind...

Don't give up your day job!

A good attempt if thats the first thing you have done to the car!!

Btw, how do you remove the bumper? Need to get mine off in a few days time.

A good attempt if thats the first thing you have done to the car!!

Could not agree more, dude that is an epic first job.I have got to change the thermostat on mine which as a novice I have been dreading but you have inspired me :happy:

i'd rather fit an FMIC than a thermostat :p what a ******* job.

But no, in all seriousness, if you've never done anything like it before, then fair play, and well done for having a go!

If you whipped the bumper off and painted it black, then nobody would ever know!

i'd rather fit an FMIC than a thermostat :p what a ******* job.

But no, in all seriousness, if you've never done anything like it before, then fair play, and well done for having a go!

If you whipped the bumper off and painted it black, then nobody would ever know!

Thanks for that :)

I will have a go at the ******** passenger leccy window instead I think then.

looks good.

have you got any more photos of the pipes not on the car. so i could copy the pipes to hide mine behind the bumper

the pipes that are pictured there needed to be butchered before the bumper would go on with out cutting bug holes in it, you are best off buying what i bought, just buy the ebay kit and then buy an extra meter of alloy pipe and an extra meter of silicon hose and two 45 degree silicone bends and just trial and error until you get the bumper to go on

Nice work mate, skilled or not I do appreciate people doing their own work, only way to learn.

Kai

good job need to get my intercooler on some time but i have no choice on the s3 but to loose the fogs with my toyosports cooler

looks good mate! i hate those kits with the pipes all hanging out they look a bit tacky in my opinion. it doesnt look that wonkey with the bumper on anyway. All in all good job mate! :)

and itll perform much better than the old one with the dead bird attached lol

looks good mate! i hate those kits with the pipes all hanging out they look a bit tacky in my opinion. it doesnt look that wonkey with the bumper on anyway. All in all good job mate! :)

and itll perform much better than the old one with the dead bird attached lol

haha cheers man, i couldn't believe i forgot to take more photos but any way at least it is possible to get a gay fitting fmic on with out having loads of pipes showing.

performance dead bird will be missed until i run something else over :p