Star Performance Remap

djx11b

Reaction score
Just a bit of feedback for star performance i used today for my audi s3

Phoned at the start of the week and spoke to a nice lady that booked me in start of week for a remap, forge valve and panel filter.

Left at 9 this morning and arrived at star performance at 10

Handed over the keys jim and he got on with the job straight away. He chacked the car for any faults 2 came back my clutch switch and maf sensor. I had swapped over the clutch switch yesterday and my maf was me taking the airbox out last night to check if it was a standard or aftermarket filter so codes cleared and everything was ready for the work

Sat in the customer waiting room had a tv to watch, loads of magazines and awards to have a look at. About a hour and a half later was told car was ready to go and no problems with it. Handed over my cash and jumped in the car.

Wow what a difference its made car is much faster through the rev range and also pushes you back in the seat a lot more as well. Gave it some beans on the way home and love it makes such a difference to the car feels like a new car.

Would like to thank Jim for the work and recommend anyone else that is thinking of getting it done to go ahead with it you'll not be disappointed.

Star are well known for being a good place to go for a few years,good to see Jim is still there :thumbsup:

yea, Star were all the rage a few years back, but since Glen stopped posting we've not heard that much about them.

Doesn't help that they're up in the most northern part of the world where us southerns are scared to go!

Thanks for the great right up I take it you were at Star Performance in Fife and was it £300.00 for the remap?

Yea I think there remap is aprox £300. Did you get a print out of power graph etc from when it was on the rollers? Jim @ Star has had a great rep for years, I asked on here a while back if anyone had one of his maps & how did they compare to others out there but never really got a response.

I'm looking for somwhere to have my brothers AGU 1.8T A3 mapped & as Jim is local to us I think thats where it will be going, I'll see about getting some before & after logging done with some prints from the roller readings aswell so I can post them up.

Ewan.

scottm4 - yeh was star performance in fife and was £299 for my car

biggied - with it being the s3 and the haldex system he didn't rolling road it just road tests the s3 now. i had asked about the rolling road when i phoned up but explained why he didn't do it on my car. If yours is the a3 you should get a rolling road before and after if you ask. I was happy to not have mine rolling roaded and i can tell a big difference in the car. If your thinking of getting it done should give them a call or nip down there and speak to them as seem to have good knowledge on whats best for the car.