s3 vs r32

I dont honestly think its anything to do with a German or Jap site TBH......pop over to the Scoobie site and tell them you 3.2 is quicker than their STI WRX etc..
Thats pretty much spot on,we all love fast cars and are petrolheads sometimes a bit of banter goes on but I cannot believe their is outright snobbery.

yep,i give up now lol

pressed once it will show trip2,pressed again it will show mph,pressed again it will show a menu where you can check engine oil temp,chassis code and reset all trip computer values

will do a short vid to help you (as long as im not told its fake haha...no no,sorry (please take that as a joke))
Ha ha, no worries! video would be good! to be honest dont think i have a button underneath?? prob have tho:unsure:

A mate has just has his 3.2 v6 supercharged to over 400bhp by Turner Developments as even with base level mods it wasn't measuring up performance wise to an S3 ( search and you'll see the brief thread I wrote on it). These are not my thoughts, they were his. He decided to take this route as he'd already done Suzuka grey respray, facelift front end, and had sank too much cash to just move on. £9k later and it's astonishing. I've always loved the V6 engine, and it's character, but your figures just seemed on the side of optimistic for the hardware involved.

I don't doubt it's a quick car, it is. But there is no substitute for a flat drag strip and some independent professional standard timing equipment. Speedos notoriously overread and this makes them unreliable, and GPS is a better measure but even 'consumer' non military grade GPS has to be slightly subjective.

I'm no hater, I don't care particularly that the badge on the back says S3 as its just a variant of 2.0T. Having proactively contributed on forums for 10 years I've heard a lot of claims and stories, and I think the aspiration to keep the forum credible is that we all trade in hard facts. I hate rolling roads for the same reason, a great guide for identifying modification improvements path on your car, but a real world measure of actual performance?????

Mate I have no issue with you or the V6, just exercising the right to question!

its really not that important to me how fast or slow my car is compared to any other,its the fact im being called a liar that gets me wound up...im not going to reply any more on this subject now as its becoming silly :)

its really not that important to me how fast or slow my car is compared to any other,its the fact im being called a liar that gets me wound up...im not going to reply any more on this subject now as its becoming silly :)

I dont think anyone's actually calling you a liar, we were calling to question the techniques for measuring / accuracy of equipment.

I dont think anyone's actually calling you a liar, we were calling to question the techniques for measuring / accuracy of equipment.

well,last on the subject...i have already run 5.2 to 60 and 13.8 quarter at york raceway (before the terrible accident there),im on the dyno on sunday and next year i will be running at pod,i dont have the slip from york so cant prove it but im sure i will quarter the same at pod next yr for you all to see...(if i still have the car as im one of those who swaps about every 6 month to a yr through boredom )

and thats it.....im off to bed

I had a 0-60 gyro timer in my FTO GPX. I had a tip FTO which book speed was 7.6 to 60.

I tried over and over again to get that time, but the best I could get was 7.9.

Then I tried it again pointing down a steep hill and voila - 6.5 :)

I was so pleased.

Reactions: RedDejavu and pinterovski
Still can't find the MPH option.

On the 'check' menu, I don't seem to have an option to check engine oil temp either.

What spec is your 3.2?

its an 06 s-line bud,not sure if there is any more to a spec list really,i know it has an arm rest and some dont ,strange how you dont get the options on the DIS,have you tried pressing and holding the reset button?

its an 06 s-line bud,not sure if there is any more to a spec list really,i know it has an arm rest and some dont ,strange how you dont get the options on the DIS,have you tried pressing and holding the reset button?

Same as mine then, hmmm strange,

Mines got DSG, RNSE and high line DIS,

I'll have another go, cheers for the help Mark. :)