custom intercooler pipes

jay1601

Reaction score
can people with custom intercooler pipes put photos up please. for the 1.8t (not s3)

going to get the pipes in the engine bay done custom so they don't stick out. want to try to keep it OEM looking.

photos with the pipes off the car if possible so i can get a rought idea to copy

thanks jay

If youre getting them custom then why would you want pics mate?

Its all about offering up and finding the best solution custom to the layout of your bay.

if you don't want pipes sticking out of the bumper,use silicone pipes in the intercooler.the rest of there pipes can be alloy as its in the engine bay

i want my pipes to be the same as HTC

FMIC_034_640x480.jpg

would like to know what angles and joiners to use. as i am mocking up the pipes and just getting a local company to do the welding for me

i've already sorted out the pipes behind the front bumper not to stick out

i've sorted the pipes out behind the bumper already.

i used the standard pipe to connect from the TB to the IC pipe

i bought 500mm of black straight silicone pipe to make my own joiner from the pipes to the IC.

cut the IC pipes to get everything to sit behind the bumper.

just takes time and alot of trial and error until it all fits good

will take some pics when i have the bumper off. hopefully this weekend if i get time

Reactions: Dj Vegas
heres photos of the front pipes so they don't stick out.

standard TB to intercooler pipe
DSC_0241.jpg

cut the silver pipe down in this photo to get the right shape
DSC_0242.jpg

cut this pipe to get it to sit close into the car as possible
DSC_0243.jpg

you can see the longer joiners i just for the pipes to connect to the intercooler

then you can see they don't even stick out as far at the impact bar
DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

yeah in july. got a crack in front bumoer (picking new one up today) and a small dent in the bonnet