Forge Diverter Valve

djx11b

Reaction score
Hi I got a forge replacement valve fitted along with my remap and noticed today driving to work when i let my foot of the acclerator instead of one woosh noise i am getting to. Is this normal with this valve ?

driving - accelerator off - woosh - second or two -woosh again.

thanks james

It should only dump once when you left off the accelerator, not twice. That's strange though, haven't heard of that before!

That whoosh is more than likely the sound of the turbo which you couldnt hear before. If you have a problem take it back to whoever mapped it.

Yeh its not something I've heard of before as normally they work or they don't. Car seems to run fine goes like stink and no hesitation weird one will keep a eye on it. I've just ordered bills tip and jetex induction kit today so once that is fitted will be able to hear it more and if still a problem take it back to star performance for a check over.

If anyone else has ever had this let me know.

They will do a choo, choo noise if you let off on part throttle... thats fairly normal on mapped cars.. it should only whoosh the once if you change when on it at high revs though

<tuffty/>

depends if its a 007P or not, it should just be fairly silent if so like OEM

With a remap and a panel or cone filter then an OEM or 007p DV will always give more noise... don't even get me started on BOV's and Split-******-R's

Std level of tune will always be quiet... hardly any boost to dump...

<tuffty/>

car just got remapped and had a forge 007 fitted as well so just be me needing to get use to it.

just wanted to check it wasn't something wrong

can't wait to get my badger tip and jetex cone on it will sound even better