What are the smallest wheels I can fit to my 3.2?

daver555

Reaction score
With my job I need to be mobile throughout the winter periods and this year my work are offering to pay for a set of winter wheels and tyres. I'd like to get a pair of steels like these:
4 vw/audi 15" steel wheels 5x112pcd golf,passat,a4,a6 etc | eBay
My only problem is I'm not sure what are the smallest size wheels I can fit to my 3.2? I doubt I could fit 15" ones due to the size of the brakes but hopefully 16" wheels will? Any help greatly appreciated.

I would have said 17" as the brakes are large on 3.2,s , cant see 16" being able to go on without catching and also it'll know the speedo out

Yes i think its 17 aswell due to the brakes

may i say 17x8 or 8.5 but the offset has to be at least 32ET otherwise it might foul/rub your front calipers.
ABT or OZ might do the trick.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. So, it looks like 17's are the smallest, I just hope I can find a set of steelies as I'm really not keen on getting alloys as they will be winter wheels with winter tyres fitted. However, if a set of 17" alloys come up nice and local for not much money I might as well get them.

I agree with 17's. Did read a report not long ago in one of the motoring mags that implied winter tyres were only realy a major benefit on RWD cars. Any one else see this?

I agree with 17's. Did read a report not long ago in one of the motoring mags that implied winter tyres were only realy a major benefit on RWD cars. Any one else see this?
i bet they were on about BMW's as they are crap in anything but dry weather lol

i saw a 17 inch A3 sport rims fitted to an R32 on this ebay link below. please have a good look at it.
** AUDI A3 QUATTRO SPORT 3.2 DSG AUTO DAMAGED REPAIRED TDI A4 S3 RS4 S LINE ** | eBay

With my job I need to be mobile throughout the winter periods and this year my work are offering to pay for a set of winter wheels and tyres. I'd like to get a pair of steels like these:
4 vw/audi 15" steel wheels 5x112pcd golf,passat,a4,a6 etc | eBay
My only problem is I'm not sure what are the smallest size wheels I can fit to my 3.2? I doubt I could fit 15" ones due to the size of the brakes but hopefully 16" wheels will? Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited: