Recaro Seats Retrofit

JS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys

I currently have the standard S3 leather seats, however, has anybody/does anybody know how Recaro seats can be retrofitted?

I have read on a Recaro press release that they can be and (assuming) ordered from Audi. Are the recaro seats heated and electric? I assume that I would need a new subframe and new wiring loom?

Any help appreciated!

Yes you can, A few of us have done it here. You will want to look out for a 2nd hand set though. New from Audi they are around £2500 per seat.

All you need is the seats and wiring looms. It's all plug and play from there on.

Do it. You won't regret it.

If you want heated & electric Recaros, then you need to delve DEEP into your pocket and buy these:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

The S3 ones are plug n play, they are heated but not electic. Whats your budget on them?

mmm, look nice Nate, maybe Santa will get me them for christmas - ive been a good boy all year!

Reactions: Avus Sportback
can you give me the link/part number for the loom? ty sir

Its rude of me not to show you some trimmed Buckets whilst I'm here :wub: I can't help myself :laugh:

DSC_1287.jpg

BeautifulRS6Interior.jpg

TTInterior2.jpg

LukesInterior.jpg

R36Buckets.jpg

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF and Paullie
I may need to stop coming on here until I get a flat deposit... you're a terrible influence N8!

Those RS6s are just EPIC, if only I had a spare couple of grand :sob:

Gotta love those black and white Recaro's...look good in my shopping trolley :)

I know the guy selling them, friend of mine paid £1800 for BRAND NEW ones and the proper Recaro runners to fit his car. So I wouldn't buy those ones.

Reactions: RedDejavu
From a Recaro dealer. That came in Black "leatherette" he's had a full retrim since then. Cheapest my Cousin got them for was £1560 with the runners iirc, that was in cloth, then had them trimmed like so :

49800x600.jpg

48800x600.jpg

42800x600.jpg

:wub:

MAJORITY of people I know who have CS always go for a trim :wub:

DSC07636Copy.jpg

RoccoInterior.jpg

8a5ef976.jpg

It ain't cheap bein a baller :laugh:

Reactions: AjayB
Hi - I am re-visiting this thread!

Without buying the original Audi Recaro seats, is the Sportster CS the closest match?
Is there a how-to guide for fitting?
Is there the option to keep the heated seat option with these Recaros?

Thanks in advance.

Hi I’ve just bought second hand recaro wingbacks for my Audi S3 2010, but the plugs for the heater don’t match up, is there any looms out there I need to get to make them plug and play? I’ve been told the seats are out of a s3