Stereo problems - rear speakers

valentn

Reaction score
OK, have been reading on upgrading my headunit. I have a 99 A3 with rear active speaker.

I bought myself a Pioneer 2300 and also a PC9-404 Adapter from Halfrauds, thinking this would be the adapter I needed.

Halfords | Autoleads PC9-404/PC9-410 - Audi ISO Lead/Harness Adaptor

Has someone got an idiot proof way of wiring this up to get my rear speakers to work, have tried multiple ways but i cannot get them to work.

ok, so read more, i have power to the unit and front speakers work, the yellow amp lead i plugged into the pc9-404 which in turn is plugged nto the left/right headunit output with the flying blue wire connected to the unit remote wire, now i still have a red plug with a purple wire loose as well as the brown lead, something coming off the antenna.. does anyone know what i need to do with these?

No, everything should work now.
The red plug is illumination (HU lighting dims with dash lighting dimmer), so you can ignore it. The earth lead on the antenna lead just needs to be attached to the chassis of he HU, but is not critical.
You also need an antenna amp adapter, which feeds power to the aerial amp, but this is only for the radio.
AAN2122 Active Aerial adaptor
The Pioneer HU only has one RCA connection which is switchable for rear or sub so you need to ensure it is switched to rear.
You'd be far better off rewiring the rear speakers directly to the HU as you will find the feeble 2 x 20w Nokia rear amp will stuggle to keep up with the 2 x 50w you now have going to the fronts and you will have to fade to rear a lot to balance the sound.

Thanks Andi, I will try and get it to work now. If the sound quality is poor i will consider the rewire, have done it in every car ive had previously but just being a little lazy atm.

Ok, well have sound its really poor so understand why you said rewireing the speakers.

Rewired the speakers today, straight into the headunit, Andy, in one post you mentioned this may blow my headunit amp due to the Ohm impedance. Is this true?