Wheels and discs

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I'm wondering if its possible to get a complete list up of what the minimum sized wheel will fit over what size discs. Ranging from 15" up to 20".
I know its a question that gets asked every so often, I've even tried looking for a answer but I can't find the answer or a list similar to this one, so thought it be a good idea to start one.
I would start but I don't know. lol

Although the discs do contribute to the general sizing of the wheel, its also the caliper that will dictate this, due to different manufacturers using different dimensions etc, so the list would have to be specific to each manufacturer aswell, Brembo, Wilwood etc.

Brembos 330mm upgrade may require min 18" wheel whereas Wilwoods 330mm kit could use 17" if caliper is smaller, gonna be a big list mate!

I knew the callipers will have a bit to do with it but at the moment it be good to have a rough guide and could add callipers at a latter date if there is enough call for it.

I'm mainly thinking about the more popualr upgrades that people do with keeping standard callipers or even the more popular caliper upgrades included as well, like 911 or boxter calipers.
Example 288mm, 312mm, 320mm, 345mm.

Big list or small like, could still be usefull for people.

it also depends in some cases on the offset.

B5 S4 brakes will go under a 17" wheel, but they stick out a fair amount and as a result only fit under certain 17" wheels

As a general rule with stock Audi Brakes:

288mm needs a 15" rim
312mm needs a 16" rim
320 and 345mm need a 17" rim.

I knew that the Pliers have much in common with him, but at the moment, it's good to have a sharp focus and then add the pliers, if enough call for it.