Ambient lighting - Done!

People comment on my arm rest illumination but thats only cause they just take the ****. :(
People comment on my LED lights but its normally something along of the lines of "$%&* me thats %(^*ing bright!!!!". :icon_thumright:

but we don't do things for others, we do it cause WE want to do it and WE like it.

In my defence, My armrest does not have the same mounting place and the B6 and I need to make a bracket up. Which I keep putting off.
But it does work very well.

2011_04_17_1271.jpg

Hardest thing to photograph but heres front ambient light, lights up gear knob/ gaitor
2011-12-09185808-1.jpg

2011-12-09185857-2.jpg

Rear Ambient Light, when i did mine i didn't use the holes marked on the back of the cover cos they would have missed the rear seat so i offset them a bit so it lit the seat up
2011-12-09185708-1.jpg

2011-12-09185922-1.jpg

Pics are crappy phone pics if i get a chance i will try and take some better ones, but look really good in the flesh especially on unlit motorways

Fitted these over the weekend, not really had a chance to check them out in proper darkness yet but they dont look like theyre lighting much up to me. Oh well.

Fitted these over the weekend, not really had a chance to check them out in proper darkness yet but they dont look like theyre lighting much up to me. Oh well.

Thats kind of the point.
they are meant to have a subtle lighting effect.
Not a massive in your face truck driver style of light.

I know that, they just seem to be pointless as the climate control seems to put out more like in that area. I'll reserve my judgement when I drive on darker roads tonight. But even then other cars have better ambient lighting.

I know that, they just seem to be pointless as the climate control seems to put out more like in that area. I'll reserve my judgement when I drive on darker roads tonight. But even then other cars have better ambient lighting.

Use the rheostat to increase the brightness of the dash lights and they're ok. Are the holes sat squarely under the LED's? I don't think I'd want mine any brighter really.

Had a play with them and realised the dimmer was down a little, made a difference and driving on the motoroway in the dark it glows nicely. Much better now.