Haldex oil leak

talentwalsh

Reaction score
Got a bit of an issue

Finally got around to changing my haldex oil and filter as my wheels were locking up on turning. Not that hard of a job and it cured my locking issues, happy days. But next day noticed a blotch of haldex oil on the drive, far more than in if was just over filled. Then more and more over the next week or so. Im worried that my haldex is now running dangerously low on oil.
Im 99% sure the filter and fill screws were secured properly and I cant see where its coming from. Has anyone else had this issue and is it safe to drive?

i remember when i did mine i did the filter up and it seemed to stop and i didnt want to over do it so had it on a ramp to check for leaks the next day and noticed there was a very small damp pacth of oil on the under side on the unit, ckecked the filter and i could do it up half a turn more fine after that, so worth checking again

Right, must check that again so. It did seem to dump a LOT of oil though rather that a few drips.

Have you got it back up to check where it's coming from? I cross threaded my haldex sump plug when refitting so best to check just incase.

Ive just crawled under to have a look but I cant see any any particular place that its coming from. Its not obvious like out of the sump plug. I really need to get it on a lift or over a ramp.