wheel sizes help please?

nealb

Reaction score
Evening guys>
just wondering what everyones feelings on running larger wheels then standard i know about 90% of the population on hereare doing it but what about speedo/ mileage measurements how do they stay accurate, and any better handling ?
thanks guys
Neal B

Providing you adjust the tyre profile as you change the rim size, speedo isn't necessarily affected. e.g. the standard S3 tyres of 225/45 17s are almost identical to 225/40 18s in terms of circumference, and the next size up would be 225/35 19 which again is only slightly different. You can use a tool such as this to check the circumference of different tyres:
TYRESAVE: Tyre Size Calculator

In terms of rims, most seem to settle on 18s as the best balance between looks and ride. 19s, because you are only running 35 profile tyres, tend to give a firm ride due to lack of give in the tyre sidewall. I don't think you can run 20's because you can't get the necessary tyres in 30 profile.

Last edited:
Thank you very much bud :) Its because I'm after some Speedline reps 18" or Rotiform reps i know reps are blasphemy but I'm not all that rich ;)
thanks again

im running bbs ch reps only difference is weight and missing a bbs badge engraved on the wheels thats all and cost quarter of the price,

running 18x9 on 225 40 18 tyres bit of strech on the go