where and what?? dump valve

Mcgough

Reaction score
need a dump valve as soon as possible where and which one should i get! for 1.9TDi 130 im getting the red samco hosing pipes made up but need the dump valve

That's why I asked... 'Why?'
Does a dump valve have a practical purpose on a TDI or is it just to make a "swoooosh"?

Must be for the "ptsssh" sound! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ur]http://www.thedervdoctor.co.uk/[/url]

It has a practical use like on all turbo cars!! it actually makes that swoosh noise standard but the reason i need a dump valve is that ive got a Red samco hose kit and the turbo pipe is in 2 pieces ready for the dump valve in the middle!

ive been told to get a bailey but im not sure whihc one THE DERV DOCTOR only sell full kits.

ive also got the Longer intercooler for the front bumper to be fitted and id like to get all done at once!

Have a word with TSR Performance... um... 01278 453036. I think they do Viper (?) dumpvalves.

Diesels have absolutely NO use for a dump valve. The reason petrol cars have a DV is because when the throttle is closed the air hits a brick wall, builds up back pressure and stalls the turbo... The DV releases that pressure and keeps the turbo spinning. On a diesel, there is no physical throttle, therefore no brick wall. the air in a dieal ALWAYS has somewhere to go so it can really only be for the noise...If it had a use someone would have done it long before now.... They just sound daft on a diesel too.

Rich

Cheers i knew all that just wanted too know where to get one!

take it your a petrol man!!

I know all about the petrol turbo as above but not fully understanding the diesel turbo- cause im sure my car is fitted with a diverter valve as standard (am i wrong??)

Your car has no diverter valve as standard.
If you fit a Dump valve because you have a pipe to fit it in where will you take the vacuum signal from? Diesel do not have a throttle body so no neg pressure in the inlet when off throttle pedal. Thats why Derv doc sells whole kits, it has many more parts than a valve.
I have an experimental version on my car, no performance advantage whatsoever, purely for noise only.

i had one on a pug td sounded crap and covered the engine in oil
you may find it puts the mil lamp on as well then going into limp

i have the rest off the kit, solinoid, pedalswitch samco hosing etc just need the right valve- even if it is just for sound i want one now cause ive got the rest, and money is burning a hole

and yea mate as i said before i no nowt about diesels ive owned 6 petrols and 2 petrol turbos

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers i knew all that just wanted too know where to get one!

take it your a petrol man!!

I know all about the petrol turbo as above but not fully understanding the diesel turbo- cause im sure my car is fitted with a diverter valve as standard (am i wrong??)

[/ QUOTE ]

are you getting that kind of noise?

if so its the egr valve, for some reason on my 2.5 is very loud since i put my induction kit on.

mate can you tell me what intercooler you got or what it came off and where you got it?
Also whats the dimentions as i'm looking for one to do a FMIC on my A6 when i get a new bumper on it.

Cheers

hand made custom job, cheaper and better quality and perfect fit! ill put you in touch with the company give me a few dats too get there number so you can get a quote