AUDI DEALER SCRATCHED CAR!!!

TommyMac

Reaction score
Having had my car for ten days since it failed to start, they called me today to say they have fixed the fault a wire problem that must have happend during factory build.
they then say that the bonnet has a small scratch, so they have sent it to bodyshop for repair!!! at their cost!!

Do audi think it's ok to scratch a car and just send it to be painted without showing the damage to the owner first.

I dont think i would have brought an s3 that has had paint to front end would you!! got to sleep on it and calm down a little before i go to bodyshop in morning to view car as i have told them not to do anymore to car before i have seen it.

what would guys do, has this happend to anyone else, how do i know they havent banged it. thanks:wacko:

Sounds to me asin there has been abit of damage to the car whilst at audi and they're tryimg to do a cover up, that or another reason it seems very much asif they're stalling.. Itms not in audis nature to do something for nothing ecspecially without a complaint first

Yes they are fixing but would have liked to see said scratch before they started to hide it .

Thought about asking for pics, im in a lucky postion as i know two people that work in the body shop the car has gone to have spoke to them they are aware the car is there but did'ent know it was mine and have not worked on it, but will find out for me in the morning what was wrong when car came in.

personally id be down there to see it myself. even if they have started prepping it you ll get an idea of how bad the damage is by the amount of prep work is being done. if its a scratch it will just be rubbed back and painted. 2nd best i d insist of pics asap in the current condition. it takes a couple of days to put something like that right. but if you can i would be there to see it myself. if they have smacked it insist on compensation or like for like car, you'll be within your rights.

Ouch!!!!!!! would do my nut in too .......

but, I think most customers would just be glad it's being sorted, they probably wouldn't want to see it etc, and they've told you which makes me think they're not trying to hide something

You're definitely right to go and see it before it's repaired though

Which dealer?

As long as they fix it to factory paint condition which they should do being a decent bodyshop I wouldnt have a major issue tbh. They'd better get it right though or I'd be kicking off big time!

The problem with a bodyshop is that they'll probably leave a LOAD of holgrams all over it for you! Also, anyone wanting to buy your car may be able to see that the bonnet has been resprayed, so I'd want additional compensation tbh!!

I'd want it to be PERFECT if it were me...

I really cant see what all your fuss is about, wait until its been repaired, inspect paintwork then decide if its good enough for you, really dont see the problem tbh.

I really cant see what all your fuss is about, wait until its been repaired, inspect paintwork then decide if its good enough for you, really dont see the problem tbh.

Same here, I just dont get wound up over stuff like this.

Its getting fixed!

Same here, I just dont get wound up over stuff like this.

Its getting fixed!

This same thing happened to my gfs mini when she got it they sent it to the body shop brought it back couldn't see the scratch but there was another one on the bumper so she said she wasn't happy after I told her to say it they repaired it again. Audi should do the same and if your not happy dont take it.

^^^ at least they have been upfront on it.

Chill, and wait its all to easy to get upset before you know the full score.

Kevin