Good Evening N249 Bypass

S3 JOHN

Reaction score
Hi all new to this . Had my s3 for three years and just starting to Mod it up . Gonna Bypass the N249 at the Weekend . I have a 2001 y s3 8l . Has it got an N112 valve ?

Yeah think it is Happydays! Look forward to the weekend . Seems pretty straight forward to do . Cheers Mate .

Also planning to do this mod at the weekend just waiting for some pipe to arrive from fleabay

hope my massive hands don't break the nipple on the manifold

anyone that has done it would they recommend to remove the pipes from the n249 valve or just leave the pipes on it once bypassed ?

Yeah have heard it a little easy to break the nipple so hope i dont break it too! Have read on previous posts that you leave the n249 plugged in as if unplugged, it can mess with the ecu and increase emissions. discard off the pipe and some people have wrote that they have tucked the n249 out of site but im gonna leave mine in its place as i still use the engine cover

the n249 remains plugged in electrically. anything attatched to it should be removed. along with the black vaccum box and its pipes on top of the rocker cover. remove all that too.