Avant aftermarket window tints, what's a good price?

AustinAvant

Reaction score
Hi all, after I've fitted my Denison iPod adapter I think the next thing on my list will be tinting the rear windows from the b pillar backwards, but what's a good price? What have you paid? I know quite often you get what you pay for, but it does seem a bit much for some plastic film. So what have you paid and where did you got to get it? Of course I'm gonna have a ring round, but it's good to know what your on about first!!

Cheers

Austin

I was going to get mine done here last year, but was more expensive then I hoped for to be honest, so putting some pennies away for it, as seen very bad cheap ones done.

Many thanks for contacting us regarding a Pentagon window film application for your A4 S-line Special Edition
We currently have a discount offer for those who enquire via the internet for a fitting during May. This means your S-line Special Edition can be fitted with any shade of window film including a factory match rear of the driver for £245 + vat (usual cost is £360 + vat).
A light Climate Control film can also be applied to the front drop windows for an additional £80 + vat (usual cost is £155 + vat). This gives the front occupants the same heat and UV rejection as the darker shades used in the rear.
Pentagon Reading are fully approved by Audi our products appear in their brochures, we also tint vehicles for many of their dealerships in the area. These include West London Audi, Basingstoke Audi, Slough Audi, Oxford Audi, Reading Audi and the UK headquarters of Audi/VW so you can be assured of a top quality Finish to your A4.
You will find many examples of Audi's we have tinted in the gallery section on www.tintyourglass.co.uk along with client testimonials. Just click on the Audi logo to reveal the pictures.

Hi all, after I've fitted my Denison iPod adapter I think the next thing on my list will be tinting the rear windows from the b pillar backwards, but what's a good price? What have you paid? I know quite often you get what you pay for, but it does seem a bit much for some plastic film. So what have you paid and where did you got to get it? Of course I'm gonna have a ring round, but it's good to know what your on about first!!

Cheers

Austin
I paid £150 for rear door windows, three quarter windows and the rear window on a saloon. That was two years ago, at this place, in Bexley.

It's not a bit of plastic film that costs the money. It's the expertise required to fit it properly. It's a slow and painstaking job, but the difference between a well-executed finish and a bodge is worth the money you pay.

Last edited:
Oh, and if you want people to recommend a place, how about telling us where you live.

That would help wouldn't it, I live in Newport pagnell, but am pretty much all over place wig work so could ale the cr and get it done while I'm at work.

I got rear windows and boot hatch done by Storm window tinting in Newbury last year for £100 cash in hand, but then you have more windows than I did (S3 8P). May be worth a call if you travel?

I was looking for somewhere in Birmingham two days ago and paid a visit to these guys:
Welcome To Dynamic Car Window Tinting Auto
Thttp://www.dynamictinting.co.uk/hey have some pretty good reviews by dealers and seemed a very professional outfit. I was quoted £160 for the rear windows and rear screen. I wasn't sure if that was a good price at the time but from what I see here, I doubt I'll find much better. Might have to pay them another visit when I have a bit more expendable cash :)

*Flame suit on*

I did all the windows on my Avant for a discount price of £150 rather than the usual £200 because i was a previous customer. Life time guarantee/warranty against any pealing or discolouration etc.

If i was to have just the B pillar back done it would have been £150 for a new customer. I wouldn't pay more than that to be honest.

This was in East London @ http://tintmycar.org.uk

A mate did mine for £100, he is qualified and there bang on, dark all round, saloon. let me know if your based in yorkshire?

I paid £175, rear passenger door windows, quarters and rear windscreen dark black - front door windows legal limit, took approx 3 hrs, fantastic job.

Mac

I paid £150 for rear door windows, three quarter windows and the rear window on a saloon. That was two years ago, at this place, in Bexley.

It's not a bit of plastic film that costs the money. It's the expertise required to fit it properly. It's a slow and painstaking job, but the difference between a well-executed finish and a bodge is worth the money you pay.
I worked there about 10 yrs ago and still do it on the side on weekends as im working doing something else now,but there not much call for it anymore. and do you own a silver/grey a4 saloon?

I worked there about 10 yrs ago and still do it on the side on weekends as im working doing something else now,but there not much call for it anymore. and do you own a silver/grey a4 saloon?

The A4 I had the tints fitted at Kevlon was an aluminium silver B6, I've got a Quartz Grey B7 now. Are you the guy who fitted them for me? If so, it was cracking job.

Here's a pic of the B6, with the tints:

P1000241.jpg

Last edited:
i paid 180 for medium tint from b pillar back but to be honest the guy did a ****e job and he aint intrested in coming back to fix the ****e job dispite supossed life time warranty ! Avoid cappiciono tints !!

Jeez I thought it was just me with Cappuccino tints - been waiting at least six months now for him to come back and redo all the botched panels. I get sick of reminding them...

no same here given up on them to be honest mate ! He did actually redo one of mine and made it worse than his first attempt after that he just ignors me now ! Better to pay more and get a decent job first time imo

Any1 in Bradford Leeds area should give Pentagon Yorkshire a ring! The guy (mat) is a really good mate of mine, he does all the tint work for Farnell landrover and Bradford audi, does a mint job and if u mentioned that I sent u he will sort a deal.
P.S. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

The A4 I had the tints fitted at Kevlon was an aluminium silver B6, I've got a Quartz Grey B7 now. Are you the guy who fitted them for me? If so, it was cracking job.

Here's a pic of the B6, with the tints:

P1000241.jpg
may have mate here is mine
Photo0371.jpg

Yep I'm ignored too. I do have a fear that if I ever did manage to get him back that he's probably rip the heating elements off the windows or something in a rage due to having to redo it all - might be safer to strike it off as a learning experience. Would be nice to get a refund though maybe to spend on a proper person like Pentagon above....

Ye cant see you getting a refund mate they dont even responed to emails what scares me is that loads of people must be having the same issue as he is truely useless !!!

think i will try pentagon, looks like they do a top job looking at there galary.

Paid Tint King from Crawley £170 for my avant to be done and then an extra £100 for the wifes 3 door golf. Great job as well (even though I was a bit dubious when the chap turned up lol). It was on offer at the time but even his normal prices were far better than any of the other local firms.

It's not a bit of plastic film that costs the money. It's the expertise required to fit it properly. It's a slow and
painstaking job, but the difference between a well-executed finish and a bodge is worth the money you pay.

Yeah I know it's a labour intensive job, but how much to some people want to get paid for half a days work!! I think 150 all in is about as much as its worth.

Williams, your tints look pretty good mate. Is that dark smoke?