help please :(

update as well just got back from the garage and thay say thay never did any oil changeings on nye as thay was closed i just said well if you was closed who the **** changed my oil, so it looks like im on my own had a look on ebay and it seems i can get a engine with out the turbo powersteering pump and aircon pump as all them on mine should be working fine for £500 what has less miles then mine so not to bad i think just need to pop to a other garage and find out on the labour charge for this i know quickfit charge £70 per hr i think it was

So let me get this right, they garage are denying they did an oil change for you despite being asked to and given the oil????? Did they charge you? if so what receipt did they give you Sounds a well iffy garage. Clearly somebody has FUBARD your engine and should take responsibility.

Cash work then?,no receipt!,they will say that!,you could go through there head office area manager,but someone will end up prob getting the sack!,might get your car fixed!,if you think you will get anywhere kick of!,what sort of a company is it?,big small?,can you remeber who did it??

small gargae dout thay have a head office or a area manager and it was a cash job just walked in to the garage and said to a guy i need a oil change and he didit for £15 30 min later i walked back eating a subway then drove away you know the rest

go in there find the guy you gave the key/oil to and get him to admit he done the work, they cant deny something, if they do call the police, theaten them with everything you can think of, might help?

small gargae dout thay have a head office or a area manager and it was a cash job just walked in to the garage and said to a guy i need a oil change and he didit for £15 30 min later i walked back eating a subway then drove away you know the rest
I was going to say get a receipt with the work before you go back!,bit late for that!,um either go in there with a few people,make them fix it!,or ask for there liability insurance or else!!

Wtf I would not let this go if was you mate
I'd be going loopy
New engine :0
Oh & do not let a quick-fit fitter fit your engine

im not going back to quick fit after my timming belt i had a few issuses that thay agreed to fit i'll thow im not sure where else to go around here only really them to places

what engine would you say would fit in there nicely i was thinking of the engine out the s3 (AMK) thow im not sure if its the same mounting

Mate before you even think about what engine your going to get fitted next you need to get this sorted. Clearly you have paid a garage to work on your car and they have killed it! where about's are you? I cant believe this story its actually making me angry

Also having an S3 engine fitted doesn't sound like the best idea pal, it will cost you a fortune and as you have little to no knowledge of engines will more than likely be a complete ball-ache of a job. I think if you want an S3 engine, for you it would be better if you just went and bought an S3

i know what id do
but why dont you just go back there as said and kick off with them

no the big red can was on the drive home sore it and pulled over right away as i thought it was saying there was no oil checked the stick and the oil was just above min as the engine was hot at this point i assumeed it was a broken sensor or something and drove the rest of the way then 1mile down the road pulling of from a set of lights i herd this very load knocking and vibrateing and the time it toke to get to 30mph was the clear sign something is not right with it

i cant see how it was only above min even hot then 3/4 up the dip stick
u sure u didnt think it was low then topped it up ?

either the garage didnt drain any oil and just filled it up with your oil or you have just stuck 4.5 litres of oil in thinking it had none in it. ive never heard of so much oil in an engine before after it has left a garage.

Oil can't just appear, unless the dipstick had some kind of blockage or wasn't in properly? Sounds to me like the oil pressure has blown the head gasket as well as everything else. If I was you ad be sleeping at his gates tonight!!!! As for the s3 engine you'd have to mod everything else and be certified by a garage. Best off buying an s3 as said unless your car is mechanically sound (not the block tho lol!)

If you did put more in tho don't try n pass the blame as this would be not nice......can't understand this tbh!

iv known garages to forget to put oil in
never known them to forget to drain it

WTF!?

Who put too much oil in then?? If it WAS the garage then why the hell are you not doing something about it man, they've just wrecked your car!!

If it was you, then you're a twit, but you live and learn and we all make mistakes....clearly some worse than others but it's always best to own up to them.

Then we'll help you change your engine ;)

Reactions: ZeeSaffa
Wtf...just read this, i must admit you seem to calm about the garage that wrecked your engine... :whistle2: your story just does not make sense, why would you walk away from a garage that has said they did not do the oil change..... if you gave them the fkn oil...:think:

Good shout fella, if a garage makes a mistake like that they are liable, get them to sort it asap. Good luck

just got back from the garage and thay dienied doing it as thay was shut, so i pointed out the mechanic that did the oil change long story short there comeing to my house tomorrow to see whats wrong with it then go from there

This thread is too much for my Tuesday afternoon at work.

Reactions: liquids3
subway-2-dollar-sub-december-deal.jpg

Did you go for a meatball marinara? Had one of them the other day, smashed it.

i hate subway, they closed the one down near me !!!!!

can you name the garage?

did the guy admit doing it?

Please don't name the garage on a public forum, there are far too many things that don't add up in this story to start ruining peoples business's.

Maybe once the truths come out about what's really happened here we can decide where the blame should be pointed

Please don't name the garage on a public forum, there are far too many things that don't add up in this story to start ruining peoples business's.

Maybe once the truths come out about what's really happened here we can decide where the blame should be pointed

he wont be able to name it lol

they guy put "i" in every line in his original post lololol, he did the work ! why would you say "i changed the oil" then say the garage did it lol

he wont be able to name it lol

they guy put "i" in every line in his original post lololol, he did the work ! why would you say "i changed the oil" then say the garage did it lol

It does seem that way mate. But who knows? I'm looking forward to what the 'Garage' has to say...

Perhaps it was done in his garage done by his shadow who said i couldnt have done it because I'm not real?? Just a thought. Hope u get it sorted if it was in a garage but don't post the name on here, even if you paid a guy who works there a back hander.....he could have been an apprentice who knows nowt and that could £u@5 everything up for the owner.