Thinking about buying an S3...thoughts?

Actually, after looking again at the cat C... Walk away. He still wants 4K for it & admits it has an airbag prob... Might be an easy fix, but there are probably much better ones out there for a few hundred more.

Thanks for that, the cat c one I was just interested because it was on a 53 plate
Also I contacted the nog blue owner and asked and this is what he said "Hi mate, im not 100 percent sure why it needed the build, it was done before i bought the car. Its got a load of reciepts from audi tho for new cylinder head water pimp head gasket etc cost over 2 grand by newton abbot audi in devon. It also had big end beating shells n con rods cam pulleys and cam belt kit fitted at 108k. It has had 8 previous owners. Cheers, steve"

Thanks for that, the cat c one I was just interested because it was on a 53 plate
Also I contacted the nog blue owner and asked and this is what he said "Hi mate, im not 100 percent sure why it needed the build, it was done before i bought the car. Its got a load of reciepts from audi tho for new cylinder head water pimp head gasket etc cost over 2 grand by newton abbot audi in devon. It also had big end beating shells n con rods cam pulleys and cam belt kit fitted at 108k. It has had 8 previous owners. Cheers, steve"

Sounds as if its either been boiled or a cam belt failure...

1 owner per year on average? could be problematic. Friday afternoon or Monday morning build LOL!

Guys would really appreciate your advice!

Just seen a really 2002 S3 in Silver. Looked and drived great. Cambelt and waterpump replaced 6 months ago at audi. Unmolested - hasn't been remapped, which is a bonus for me.

However, the MOT has a few advisories - play in arb bushes, play in both near and off side macpherson struts and an oil leak! I couldn't see the oil leak myself and the MOT didn't specify where the leak was coming from. I thought it might be the rocker cover gasket, but could see anything.

Question - I know the arb bushes are something a number of S3 owners replace. Is this something quite costly?

Car really was in great condition and the seller was a really helpful...

Not that expensive, & in the process you might want to upgrade the ARB's... Makes a world of difference & the car corners much flatter.

An upgrade on the shocks & springs helps too. Bilstien's & Eibach springs! I can pretty much guarantee you if you swap all the bushes for poly bushes, the car will drive better than new!

Question - I know the arb bushes are something a number of S3 owners replace. Is this something quite costly?
I swapped my rear ARB for an R32 one which has massively improved handling and reduced understeer. The bushes were about a fiver for a pair, though they were OEM ones. Polybushes wouldn't be much more...

Can't comment on the front ARB though.

Depending on how soon you are looking for one, I'll be selling my facelifted 210 with 110K anda SHED load of history, cambelt done, loads of work to make it good, in a few months :)

Guys would really appreciate your advice!

Just seen a really 2002 S3 in Silver. Looked and drived great. Cambelt and waterpump replaced 6 months ago at audi. Unmolested - hasn't been remapped, which is a bonus for me.

However, the MOT has a few advisories - play in arb bushes, play in both near and off side macpherson struts and an oil leak! I couldn't see the oil leak myself and the MOT didn't specify where the leak was coming from. I thought it might be the rocker cover gasket, but could see anything.

Car really was in great condition and the seller was a really helpful...

They are both standard items that need changing on any car. But obviously you want to look at have money knocked off to cover repairs. You should be looking at 5-600 below market value