Spacers

Sheikh

Reaction score
Hello lads,

Anyone used these spacers PDV Wheel Hubcentric Spacers 5MM Audi VW SKODA Seat PCD 5x112 C.B 57,1 | eBayhey seem like a good price, but i don't know anything about this stuff. I've been told to get hubcentric and these definitely tick that box?

if spacers is what you want then your looking towards the right ones mate yes, got to be hubcentric as without you'll never get them central and at speed it'll feel like the wheels are coming off!!! although 5mm will make very little difference if your running standard wheels, you'l hardly see the difference, you want at least 10mm but make sure to get extended wheel bolts aswell.. hope this helps :)

Only need them so the wheel will clear the front struts mate. Do i need longer bolts even with 5mm spacers?

no they'll be fine, up to 8mm your alright on standard wheels bolts, anything more get longer ones for definate... better safe than sorry as there only a couple of quid each :)

Thanks for your help bro, now i just gotta locate some tyres.

215/35/19 , near impossible to find them as part worns! New they're crazy expensive, unless i wanna die by running on sunnys :crying:

ahh they are sunny..... sorry read it after id posted!!! classic case on shoot before you aim there lol

You really aren't fine with up to 8mm spacers on the standard bolts. The standard bolts are that length for a reason and even with a 5mm spacers I'd still say go for longer bolts as well, far better to be safe then sorry.

Damian @ DPM Performance

You really aren't fine with up to 8mm spacers on the standard bolts. The standard bolts are that length for a reason and even with a 5mm spacers I'd still say go for longer bolts as well, far better to be safe then sorry.

Damian @ DPM Performance
if you put the bolt through the wheel and add the spacer on with 5-6-7-8mm spacers there's still plent on thread showing to bolt into the hub, anything more then there's not a safe amount of bolt to hold the wheel to the hub.. i personally ran 8mm spacers on my old 18t for years with stock bolts without a proplem.. your own choice i suppose, but personally i think you dont need bolts that are an inch loncher for 8mm spacers!!

Last edited:
No you don't need bolts that are an inch longer for 8mm spacers, you need bolts that are 8mm longer.

As you say it is personal choice but I wouldn't be doing it.

Damian @ DPM Performance