S3 vs RS3...

MUSH

MUSH Developments Ltd.
Reaction score
Nope, not as exciting as the title suggests but....

Thought id bang a few pics up from my last trip to Audi, parked up next to a spankers RS3. First one ive seen in the flesh, looked a bit chincy tbh, didnt like the silver stripes on the handles. Couldnt believe how much BIGGER the car looks from my dinky 8L....

f452b468.jpg

cb6a9312.jpg

I love the look of the RS3, very subtle but a good looking car IMO.
Next to eachother though i still think the 8L is a great looking car!
Theres one near me which i see every morning, he normally races up behind me unfortunately my S3 is only stage 1 so it wouldn't get near him :-(

The arches look the same! Just shows the 8l is still a beauty!

I love the look of the RS3, very subtle but a good looking car IMO.(

Subtle! Is this a new form of sarcasm?

It looks like darth vadar got lost in the chrome factory.

Not saying its not good looking, just not as subtle as they used to be. But then no one is these days.... Or am I just getting old and not down with the bling?

Urghhhhh, it's rims. I like the RS3 other than those rims, it will be a great base platform, but the 8L still looks great alongside it. A timeless classic. Love them.

them rims look like something out of max power, wht the hell where audi thinking!! But a quick refurb and that's a thing of beauty.

One of the techs from Audi up the road uses one of our ramps for PDI`s and he had a silver RS3 in. Had a good look round it and its so much better in silver as it doesnt stand out so much like that red one. It doesnt shout i`ve just spent 40k+ on an A3 that looks like its been crashed into Halfords lol.

RS3 suits the more basic duller colours much better than the lairy ones. Unlike the S3 that looks epic in yellow or orange.

My main gripe is the fact Audi have stated they will only do an RS3 in 5 door form as they felt it would be too much of a competitor and steal sales from the TT RS.

Personally I think thats ridiculous as they are completely different cars. The S3/RS3 is a Hot Hatch ( I know some folk wont like that comment but its a fact ) The TT and TT RS is a sports car therefore in my opinion thats two completely different markets.

If I was looking to buy I would be looking at the RS3 over the TT RS because for me I need boot space for the dog, therefore that rules out the TT RS for me. However since they wont do a 3 door RS3 I wouldnt be buying either car therefore thats Audi lost a sale if you catch my drift ?

Do they do the new S3 in 3 door does anyone know ?

All by the by anyway as Im having an RS4 Avant B5 next anyway :)

Audi released the 8L S3 with 210ps because they didn't want to over shadow the 225ps TT but that soon changed ;) I doubt they'll do a 3 door model though :(

The 8P S3's come in 3 door, it's only the sport back that comes with 5.

Yeh I heard about that too. Its crazy as like I said the two cars are not really in the same category so I dont see their reasoning behind doing this.

Personally I am not a fan of the sportback either. Cars like the S3 and RS3 should be 3 door as they are suposed to be hot hatches not family cars ! If you want a fast family car with more doors then the S4 is the one to go for in my opinion.

i drove the TTRS was impressed the exhaust note was amazing ! i imagine the RS3 very similar

i drove the TTRS was impressed the exhaust note was amazing ! i imagine the RS3 very similar

Have to disagree they are completely different and sound different unfortunately....so much so we are considering selling the rs3 after 7 weeks of ownership and wished we'd kept the manual TTRS