S3 with brembo conversion brake pads ???

The Squirrel

Reaction score
Hello all

I brought my s3 with the front brembo brake conversion done, the pads have no hit the squeeler so time for some new pads i think, the previous owner said that the pads are from a jaguar, seemed abit wierd to me but could this be correct and if so what model would they be ?

Also can anyone suggest what pads work well on a s3? Ive used pagid on previous cars with brembo's anyone using them on there s3?

Many thanks

What are they 4 pots?,you'll need to find out who makes supplys the kit!,or mayby they are of another car!,in which case mayby try look in a brake pad size book in a local part supplyer!

There are many variants of Brembo caliper so its not going to be simple if the previous owner has cobbled a set of calipers from a n other car on rather than the normal Brembo Junior and LCR ones..

Do you have pics? Are the capliers radial (uses a separate bracket) or lug mount (integrated mounting)?

DS2500's are a good choice for these (and other calipers tbh)

<tuffty/>

going to get the wheels off at the weekend and get the pads part numbers, after looking at the discs in the daylight im going to be needing the replace those aswell

they are a 2 piece set up so looks like more expense this month :(

If the previous owner has said Jag pads it sounds like he's got these callipers from a Jag but god know what one. There may be a part number on the back plate of the pads that are in the calliper.

Right ive only just had time to get the wheels off and get pics, how do i load these up so i can try and find out what these brakes are off so i can replace them

If needed i can email them to someone to post up if that will speed things up

Cheers

c50db3b3.jpg

7a785294.jpg

48806936.jpg

c3624c6f.jpg

c2638f04.jpg

a38e8d9a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the discs im concerned with the most as the are seriously lipped, the passengers is that worn you cant even see the grooves, how will i be able to tell if these are seat leon cupra r discs or not ?

Thanks for your help on the pad info though ;)

Its the discs im concerned with the most as the are seriously lipped, the passengers is that worn you cant even see the grooves, how will i be able to tell if these are seat leon cupra r discs or not ?

Thanks for your help on the pad info though ;)

They aren't but Bill at Badger 5 may be able to help...

I got these from him...
IMG00047-20090815-1110.jpg

Alternatively you could use LCR 323mm discs...

Do you know what size they are?

<tuffty/>

The Seat fitment mentioned seems to cross reference with the Seat Ibiza CupraR, which has a 305x28mm brembo setup.