Hi a quick question about a hose.

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi there I have had trouble with my hose from the turbo to charge pipe Keep popping off.

Some some said said to get a new one as they
perish around the lip where the clip sits, I have taken the old on off, and sure enough half the lip has broken off at some point, I will up loads some pictures,

I have got my brand new Shiny forge to fit today with new cli
ps and the I noticed that the forge one is a good at least 10mm longer than the original, is this correct, or is it as its a slightly different angle that makes it like this,

I just want to make sure I have the correct hose before I fit, it was for the 1.8t 210/225 so I would have thought its the correct one,

cheers,

if its this one...
Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

then its the right one... they are not 'exactly' teh same as OEM fitment wise and Forge typically adds a few mm here and there just in case but it will fit fine...

I have had to trim one before now to prevent a kink but other than that its all good...

<tuffty/>

if its this one...
Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

then its the right one... they are not 'exactly' teh same as OEM fitment wise and Forge typically adds a few mm here and there just in case but it will fit fine...

I have had to trim one before now to prevent a kink but other than that its all good...

<tuffty/>

Hi mate thats the one, Do I have to trim it, or can it be fitted like this, cheers,

You don't have to trim it.... It will be a tight fit and I generally find it easier to undo the charge pipe first... fit it to the turbo and loosely tighten the clip then fit the charge pipe in and get the charge pipe in position before finally tightening the clips... refit the clamps etc for the charge pipe... there normally isn't a need to undo the hose that comes off the charge pipe and goes down behind the drivers side headlight but having the charge pipe loose to do this helps...

<tuffty/>

You don't have to trim it.... It will be a tight fit and I generally find it easier to undo the charge pipe first... fit it to the turbo and loosely tighten the clip then fit the charge pipe in and get the charge pipe in position before finally tightening the clips... refit the clamps etc for the charge pipe... there normally isn't a need to undo the hose that comes off the charge pipe and goes down behind the drivers side headlight but having the charge pipe loose to do this helps...

<tuffty/>

Thanks so much mate, I have undone the charge pipe already as it was quite hard to get to with it there,Just waiting for the rain to stop and see if this solves my engine trying to die when I start it and Mis fire like symptoms, Next job new tip

Also has anyone got any tips to the get the end of the pipe on the turbo end its a very tight fit, compared to the oem one.
Narrow end on turbo and wider one ion the charge pipe is that right

thanks

Last edited:
Also has anyone got any tips to the get the end of the pipe on the turbo end its a very tight fit, compared to the oem one.
Narrow end on turbo and wider one ion the charge pipe is that right

thanks

Washing up liquid... little smear works wonders :)

<tuffty/>

Washing up liquid... little smear works wonders :)

<tuffty/>

Thanks mate that worked well its on, And is a very nice tight fit compared to my old one,

Now I have my emg, and am still getting a what seems like a slight misfire, it misses a bit i change down gear its ok,
I will cause RAc out and not drive it, but it drives 100x better now,but is stutter y still

Could this be a coil pack breaking down,as i had a full servie recently so all plugs were done,.

Thanks

Thanks mate that worked well its on, And is a very nice tight fit compared to my old one,

Now I have my emg, and am still getting a what seems like a slight misfire, it misses a bit i change down gear its ok,
I will cause RAc out and not drive it, but it drives 100x better now,but is stutter y still

Could this be a coil pack breaking down,as i had a full servie recently so all plugs were done,.

Thanks

Still sounds like a vacuum leak or something... need to use VCDS really... check for fault codes and look at the fuel trims to see if there is an issue..

<tuffty/>

Still sounds like a vacuum leak or something... need to use VCDS really... check for fault codes and look at the fuel trims to see if there is an issue..

<tuffty/>

Hi mate what do you mean by fuel trim, I have a hole in my TiP on the bit that branches off just under the recirc valve but have a feeling its been there a while and had no symptoms before

If you are drawing in unmetered air through a hole in the TIP like that then thats essentially a vacuum leak... you need to sort out all little issues like this before pointing the finger at anything else... only when all the known probs are sorted do you stand a chance to diagnose/find the unknown ones..

<tuffty/>