Shell Optimax

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I'm going on holiday to Scotland in four weeks time. does anyone know if there is a way of identifying the location of Shell garages around the UK that sell Optimax?

oh and meant to say...select on route too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers, Ian. I'll wave to you as I drive over the Kingston Bridge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

just tried this for my area and its still says there is optimax just down the road. only problem this changed to texaco 2 years ago /.......

Maybe write them a quick email and tell them to update their website and how upset you were when you got there and no Shell garage or optimax to be seen....they might send you some fuel vouchers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I called them and they sent me a small A5 size booklet with the garages in. I'm pretty sure it shows which do Optimax.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers, Ian. I'll wave to you as I drive over the Kingston Bridge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
do i not get a wave????

Ps try avoid the bridge at peak times its a ****** bottle neck ,
have a nice time . will keep a eye out for u to report on the "spotters" section /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Here you go Fallmonk
wave.gif

Yeah, I'll give you a wave as well. I know what you mean about the bridge, though. Las year, we went over it Sunday lunchtime & it took an hour to get through, cos of all the lane closures. It'll be a Sunday again this time, so I suppose we'll get more of the same.

Still it'll be worth it. A couple of hours after that, we'll be on the ferry to Rothesay.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you wont see me anywhere near the kingston bridge - not unless its an involunatary blockade to protest fuel prices!! LOL

[ QUOTE ]
hi jeff

try this link. obviously select optimax! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.multimap.com/clients/places.cgi?client=shell&db=GB〈=en

there is also a pdf map of all the stations on the site

where abouts are you going?

[/ QUOTE ]

DO you have a link to the pdf? I can't seem to find it anywhere?

I tried to phone them up for a map a few weeks ago (for the same reason - Scotland), but apparently they stopped issueing these a couple of years ago, and now just rely on the website.
But the PDF you mention sounds good to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'll give you a wave as well. I know what you mean about the bridge, though. Las year, we went over it Sunday lunchtime & it took an hour to get through, cos of all the lane closures. It'll be a Sunday again this time, so I suppose we'll get more of the same.

Still it'll be worth it. A couple of hours after that, we'll be on the ferry to Rothesay.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be ok they are working on the bridge AGAIN!9its a yearly thing! ) but it moves freely except if there is A GAME ON AT IBROX(RANGERS FC) then it can get a bit busyier hope u have a nice time at Rothesay. u going to family?

[ QUOTE ]
hope u have a nice time at Rothesay. u going to family?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just visiting the place, cos we love it there.