Have a slight problem....

Just get some 225 tyres and lower it a bit, the camber increase will pull the top of the wheel in and sit within the arch. Even my 7.5j 17s were flush to the front until i lowered it and now they`re about an inch in from the lip. Even since raising it about 20mm they`re still in the arches.

Thats not flush though, its sticking out around an inch :p

Its already on fairly narrow tyres too for such a wide rim, 225's arent going to help much.

Your wheels are 7.5" wide and probably ET45ish. His are ET24 and 8.5", so they're sticking out nearly an inch and a half more than yours.

Right, so the overhang appears to be around 25mm max. I have spoken to a few people who have said lowering a car usually drags the wheel in a little. Does anyone know how much a 50mm drop will drag in the wheel? If its only 10mm that would mean running a stretched tyre in combo should make me legal as it will only require 20mm reduction in width. Sorry to drag this up again but I want these wheels on :-D

Camber change on the B5 isnt that large when lowering.

8.5" rims at ET35 will go on with a 225 tyre and some arch trimming. Yours are ET24, so are 11mm further out than that.