which brakes are these?

looks like what i am selling, they come from a 944s, 944 turbo and a 968, they are REAR calipers, not an upgrade at all for the front of any a3 / s3

avoid, unless you plan on putting them on the rear of your vehicle

thks
cheeky fooker said they were for the front.
Too good to be true, the search goes on.

They are also lug mount rather than radial mount... brackets for lug mount are trickier to source and the offset/mount pitch is unlikely to be the same as a VAG

Expand your search to AP Racing and other such calipers too... thats how I found a brand new pair of AP Racing 4 pots for just over 300 quid..

<tuffty/>

i had the same problem, but i didn't listen to the people on the forum lol !!

i bought an upgrade kit for my fronts, they were ****, got the seller to send me some new discs and pads for the front and rear instead, never sent the upgrade kit back though lol

firstly he didn't do my wheel nuts up tight enough, which resulted in the wheel nearly coming off, secondly he lied about the callipers and their stopping power, thirdly his brackets bowed

lucky to be alive really !! and he had the cheek to tell me he was getting his solictor involved about me not sending them back, after he LIED TO ME AND NEARLY GOT ME KILLED !!!!

Brackets bowed?
What on earth caused that?

hmmm, dont fancy any that while im driving down the b roads.
What porsche calipers fit the s3?
Any info is apprecaited
thks

Brackets bowed?
What on earth caused that?

i would imagine his custom brackets / carriers were made of a crap material and the heat must have simply made them give way, if you look in the for sale section you can see the discs that i had on at the time, because the bracket bowed it caused the callipers to hit the discs!!!!

996 or Boxster FRONT calipers will work on an S3, and are fairly common conversion so the conversion bits shouldnt be too hard to come by.

hmmm, dont fancy any that while im driving down the b roads.
What porsche calipers fit the s3?
Any info is apprecaited
thks

Loads of brake info in the stickies (that nobody uses!!!...) :)

<tuffty/>

i would imagine his custom brackets / carriers were made of a crap material and the heat must have simply made them give way, if you look in the for sale section you can see the discs that i had on at the time, because the bracket bowed it caused the callipers to hit the discs!!!!
They must have either been about 5mm thick or alloy for that to happen?
The heat build up wouldnt be enough to cause them to warp,