Traffic Police....

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi all,

You know when you get that feeling was I speeding and can't remember. Well sometimes I can't remember.

What are the ways in which police send out penaltys? Post / Visits to your home?

Just out of interest really.

They'll visits to your home! They normally come round and bash down you're door... and kick your ***!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
They'll visits to your home! They normally come round and bash down you're door... and kick your ***!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

police.JPG

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Hey Wilko, don't scare Dave. More like a dawn raid with MI5, guns drawn and all blue lights blocking his road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

On a serious note I take it traffic police don't visit to give N.I.P.S....

Just I saw a traffic police car come up our road before and turn round and wondered why.

No Dave traffic Police don't pay home visits just a simple brown envelope through the post and stung for £60 and 3 points!

hehehehe, just wondered why they drive up the street evey now abd agin. Mus be a parol check or somethign they do every do often.

They've seen your postings and are looking to nick yer new motor. Police salaries ain't that hot these days and everyone's gotta make a living.

[ QUOTE ]
More like a dawn raid with MI5, guns drawn and all blue lights blocking his road.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love that sh!t, i'm gonna try and get caught now! should increase my cred with the neighbours! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

probably just tempted fate now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i love that sh!t, i'm gonna try and get caught now! should increase my cred with the neighbours! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

probably just tempted fate now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That gets you cred? I am glad I don't live where you do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Unfortunatley i live in an area rife with rich gangsters! Loads of money & no style! X5's are more common than fiesta's, and I aint joking.

I have a few good friends who work in Traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Let me know what you want to know and ill ask them, bith are petrol heads and are not out to get us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have a few good friends who work in Traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Let me know what you want to know and ill ask them, bith are petrol heads and are not out to get us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how many people a day do they pull for being over the speed limit?

how many people a day do they pull for dangerous driving (independent of speed)?

how many people a day do they pull who dont have insurance / road tax / mot?

what quotas do they have to meet?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif you did ask!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you ask them if they were bullied at school?

Seriously, ask them if they have the authority to pull people over for hogging the middle lane and for tailgating.

Cheers.

Jngle, of course they can, their the police, they can do what they like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

They don't!

But because of the amount fo run flat tyres now in use, some Police forces have started using a type of net which wraps around the tyre and stops the wheel turning.

Sounds like something out of spiderman dosen't it. Can't imagine it does your alloys and wheel arches any good.

[ QUOTE ]
They don't! Sounds like something out of spiderman dosen't it. Can't imagine it does your alloys and wheel arches any good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet it doesn't, but then I am hoping they wouldn't want to use one on me, and if they did I probably wouldn't be that concerned about it as I was about to meet Big Bill in cell block C. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You know when you get that feeling was I speeding and can't remember. Well sometimes I can't remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got flashed yesterday in the company van, the fine will be small but everyone at work will be laughing at a dopey photo of me looking right into the camera with a "whats that tripod doing in the bush " look all over my chevy chase...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Wish i never said anything now ! LOL !!

Anyway, Had a SIDE BY SIDE race with a P1 last Night.

Away from the Lights,
it was wet, and the ESP took the power out from the front wheels, so had a bad start.

so i started 3 mtrs behind him,

up the 120mph and i was still 3mtrs behind.

We then had to pull into MacDonalds quick.

the first 100 yards was going round a swept right hand corner, the ESP kept the Audi safe as houses, but the P1 was loosing traction.

Great race /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

These 3.2's seem to be much faster than i had thought. In the wet from a standstill turn traction off and then back on before the bends, works in my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yep the P1 is a limited edition Impreza 3 Door, originally a Type R and then Prodive took the fantastic group N gearbox out and stuck a UK gearbox in ! DOH !

Made loads of mods and then Subaru UK sold it for about 35K !!!

With at leat a years waiting list, its considored the best UK impreza ever made, and to be honest i must agree.

it produces about 285 BHP and 280 LBS torque.

To answer the original question...If anybody cares now.
NIPs are like speed camera ones. If you havent had one in 14 days worry you not. They will either tell you in person, deliver it to your house (if they couldn't catch you at the time) or post it to you. They have to have it to you by then by Law.

[ QUOTE ]
To answer the original question...If anybody cares now.
NIPs are like speed camera ones. If you havent had one in 14 days worry you not. They will either tell you in person, deliver it to your house (if they couldn't catch you at the time) or post it to you. They have to have it to you by then by Law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be pedantic,but it's actually 14 days + postage ( the accepted limit is 17 days ).
They get longer if the car is leased/hired,as they get the usual 14 days to contact the leasing/hire company,then more time to contact the registered driver.