S3 on 2wd rolling road??

swatchuk

Reaction score
As title really. Can you put an s3 on a 2wd rolling road?? My mate thinks he can do it but I'm a bit jubious to be honest? Any one know the answer or how to do it??

It can be done by removing the fuse for the haldex, but why would you want to do it as it won't give you the true power readings as its messing with the system, if your going to dyno a 4WD car do it on a 4WD dyno

Reactions: RedDejavu
It can be done by removing the fuse for the haldex, but why would you want to do it as it won't give you the true power readings as its messing with the system, if your going to dyno a 4WD car do it on a 4WD dyno
+1

The only reason I was asking is that my mate has just invested in a dyno and it wasn't going to cost me anything to put it on. But if it's not going to be accurate or a bit of a bodge to get it to work I'll leave it untill I go to a 4wd one

Last edited:
Yeah, can be run as FWD but the numbers might be off. In theory the flywheel power should still be right, but you won't get the full transmission loss through the haldex so wheel horsepower will be higher than you get in proper 4wd mode. People say that the haldex isn't a fan of rolling roads too, that the curve can be "odd" but mine was fine. There was a bit of a step at the start, and when the turbo kicks in, but not enough to worry about. I guess a haldex controller would be the best way to run it, with power locked to a 50/50 split.

It can be done,but as everyone else has said,simply go to a 4WD road instead....also whilst pulling the fuse will disable the Haldex,running the transmission like this is said to be a bad idea.

The only reason I was asking is that my mate has just invested in a dyno and it wasn't going to cost me anything to put it on. But if it's not going to be accurate or a bit of a bodge to get it to work I'll leave it untill I go to a 4wd one
This could be helpful in getting a starting point prior to modding then but if your car is already done then as said its vague