TTRS 19" GREY or BBS CH-R ANTHRACITE 19"?

TTRS 19" GREY or BBS CH-R ANTHRACITE 19"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're getting a couple of different wheels mixed up, Cheese. The RS3 has 20" CH-Rs in anthracite, that blue S3 has 19" CHs in Titanium, and Rico has 19" CHs in black.

Pretty sure that BBS image you're looking at is the black, not the anthracite.

EDIT: Ignore that, the RS3 and Blue S3 are both titanium. There is an anthracite CK though, and it's a darker grey. Still think that wheel pic is a black finish though, not any kind of anthracite and definitely not the titanium.

Last edited:
You're getting a couple of different wheels mixed up, Cheese. The RS3 has 20" CH-Rs in anthracite, that blue S3 has 19" CHs in Titanium, and Rico has 19" CHs in black.

Pretty sure that BBS image you're looking at is the black, not the anthracite.

Have a look here:
BBS Wheels – Full range of BBS Wheels from Performance Alloys ® The Alloy Wheel Experts ™.

The black and the anthracite are very similar, but anthracite definitely does not look like the titanium which I am not sure about...want to see them in real life first really.

Right................I'm going to be blunt and sensible.
OEM is always better. If you fit BBS wheels you will knock a small fortune off the value of the car which means you have to store and keep the std wheels for X amount of time.. People on here who have tried to off load BBS wheels for std to sell their cars have trouble shifting them. Audi wheels despite being 19" will not devalue your car or make it look chav so stick with OEM. BBS look fine on the Corsa but after market wheels look like after market wheels and 99% of people cant see the difference between halfords specials and BBS. Its the Kings new clothes .....you think they look cool, everyone else thinks cheap bolt on extras !! how can someone do that to a new £35k audi .

I would definitely keep the standard wheels regardless - summer/winter tyres and different wheels with each. You make a good point though Paddy. I may go for the TTRS and look in to changing the colour of them to a darker grey...I need to see them in the flesh. I do think the RS4 style rims are starting to look a bit old hat now though...

After mulling over Paddy's advice, I went to see the TTRS Grey double 7 spokes. Lovely. Exactly the same colour as the diffusers on my car as well. Being offered nearly new in fantastic condition with 4 part used Porsche 235/35/19s for a very favourable price. So what is the catch? They were advertised as ET52 8J and are in fact ET52 9J! The seller is sure they will fit, but I have done so measuring and they will be at best within 1mm of touching the front struts :( and being 38mm wider they will stick out and look stupid with spacers and are likely to rub when I drop the car. I could have him fit them and see how they are but when they are so close to not working it is too much of a risk for when I get my (already ordered) coilovers fitted. If things change just slightly only slighty I could be f**ked.

I am gutted - they were perfect (apart from the size!)

Right................I'm going to be blunt and sensible.
OEM is always better. If you fit BBS wheels you will knock a small fortune off the value of the car which means you have to store and keep the std wheels for X amount of time.. People on here who have tried to off load BBS wheels for std to sell their cars have trouble shifting them. Audi wheels despite being 19" will not devalue your car or make it look chav so stick with OEM. BBS look fine on the Corsa but after market wheels look like after market wheels and 99% of people cant see the difference between halfords specials and BBS. Its the Kings new clothes .....you think they look cool, everyone else thinks cheap bolt on extras !! how can someone do that to a new £35k audi .

And Paddy, how do you feel about BBS wheels but with Audi centre caps?

Last edited:
Bad luck Cheese ! Prob better to get the coilovers fitted first just in case anyway.
TBH i don't like BBS wheels so i am not the best person to ask. i had a set once and they corroded behind the lacquer and looked crap after a while. Personally i love Warrens RS3 black editions in 19" but not cheap ! wheels are very personal things, usually a bit like Marmite :). At the end of the day if you are happy thats all that really matters, your not buying them for anyone else :)

Bad luck Cheese ! Prob better to get the coilovers fitted first just in case anyway.
TBH i don't like BBS wheels so i am not the best person to ask. i had a set once and they corroded behind the lacquer and looked crap after a while. Personally i love Warrens RS3 black editions in 19" but not cheap ! wheels are very personal things, usually a bit like Marmite :). At the end of the day if you are happy thats all that really matters, your not buying them for anyone else :)

Yeah but you know what it is like - you have a nagging feeling "I like this but I think it could look a bit chavy..." and then someone says - "You know what, I think it would look chavy...". Doesn't help. Well it does - but I am having a tough time deciding what to do...

I am not a huge fan of the rotors but I now know I want 19" and I want them to match the diffuser (titanium/grey) and I would prefer OEM look but I have been through everything Audi offer and there is nothing I am willing to pay for...

Really gutted about those TT RS wheels - nearly £3k retail and I can have them for about half that with tyres :(

Thats life mate, whenever i have missed out of come unstuck with something i always find something better comes along soon after and i realise, don't worry about what you missed, look forward to what you are going to find :)

Cheese, if you get yourself along to Audi Driver International at Combe this year there were a few places selling rims, one had two sets of anthracite RS style wheels (one set from a TT, not RS so were 8.5J).

We were looking ahead of getting the new car, but with the car being black it was hard to know which wheels to choose when you're not going for the normal hyper silver. We didn't want the murder look (too black) but couldn't tell if the car would look too flat all black / anthracite without a bit of contrast in the colour palette, TBH all I knew I wanted it as OEM as possible. Poor old N8 had to put up with loads of questions and indecision (on my behalf over the months I was trying to choose!)

As I didn't have the car to hand I was having to take photos of the wheels I saw then come home and chop them onto black cars and even then it wasn't ideal. I started looking in August 2011, and finally got some wheels in January 2012 (so it took time, patience and I was often full of self doubt as when your spending dollar you want to get it right). In the end I ended up paying a bit more than my budget for our RS3's, but as they're easy to clean, they look pretty reasonable and they're beautifully made there are some boxes ticked. Also our local dealer won't even notice they're modified when I go back for warranty work!

Don't beat yourself up about struggling with the decision, buy when you're absolutely comfortable you are making the right decision. I wanted to do it early so I had the benefit of them right across the ownership window, hence why I've rushed to get all the mods done in the first 3-6 months.

Best of luck mate, it ain't easy!

Cheese, if you get yourself along to Audi Driver International at Combe this year there were a few places selling rims, one had two sets of anthracite RS style wheels (one set from a TT, not RS so were 8.5J).

We were looking ahead of getting the new car, but with the car being black it was hard to know which wheels to choose when you're not going for the normal hyper silver. We didn't want the murder look (too black) but couldn't tell if the car would look too flat all black / anthracite without a bit of contrast in the colour palette, TBH all I knew I wanted it as OEM as possible. Poor old N8 had to put up with loads of questions and indecision (on my behalf over the months I was trying to choose!)

As I didn't have the car to hand I was having to take photos of the wheels I saw then come home and chop them onto black cars and even then it wasn't ideal. I started looking in August 2011, and finally got some wheels in January 2012 (so it took time, patience and I was often full of self doubt as when your spending dollar you want to get it right). In the end I ended up paying a bit more than my budget for our RS3's, but as they're easy to clean, they look pretty reasonable and they're beautifully made there are some boxes ticked. Also our local dealer won't even notice they're modified when I go back for warranty work!

Don't beat yourself up about struggling with the decision, buy when you're absolutely comfortable you are making the right decision. I wanted to do it early so I had the benefit of them right across the ownership window, hence why I've rushed to get all the mods done in the first 3-6 months.

Best of luck mate, it ain't easy!

Thanks Warren. All good advice. The reason I wanted to buy now was I need 4 new tyres in the next month and didn't want to replace them and then wait nearly a year to change the wheels. What is the size of your current wheels?

The 8.5J you are talking about - were they genuine Audi wheels and 19"?

I spent some of this afternoon writting a PowerShell script which should 'estimate' whether or not wheels are likely to rub. It is basically this Wheel Offset Calculator, but also accounts for the tyre sizes so that should help me out and as a result I really understand tyre and wheel sizes now! If I get more time I will make it more user-friendly. It really needs to be combined with feedback from owners on what rubs and what doesn't. Too many variables and not enough data once you get in to looking at lowering and different suspension so I need to do this in stages and just get my coilovers done and settled first...