Rear window washer

vroomtshh

Reaction score
My rear washer isn't working. So far I have tested the pump. It's working and connected. I've checked the washer. It was blocked and connected. I've unblocked it (ordered a new one too) but I'm still getting no washer. Are there any other joins?

There is no obvious leaking anywhere but I guess it must be somewhere

The pipe has a break somewhere and it may be possible to hear fluid coming out otherwise you need to look behind the trim on the tailgate .I have had one pop under the carpet on the front passenger side and then the pipe split in the loom from the roof to thegate by the r/hand hinge .Both gave no sign until lifting the coverings.Both took a long time to sort

As Mike said, check the rear drivers side quarter panel fabric , if its wet, then its broken inside the rubber where the wires and the washer pipe go through.
Just de wiper it :icon_thumright:

I'll have a look there. I assumed (stupidly) that the pipe would come down the passenger side since thats where the bottle is.
Will have a check at the drivers side later.

Aye you would think so but nah it comes down the drivers side, open the boot and fold down the hatch on the driverside where the speaker is , it may be wet in there too.

Hi guys mines playing up the same but found the fluid ******* out underneath the passanger front door, is it easy to get to if I remove the wheel trim on the passenger side as there's no damp marks on the carpet?

Max

Hi guys mines playing up the same but found the fluid ******* out underneath the passanger front door, is it easy to get to if I remove the wheel trim on the passenger side as there's no damp marks on the carpet?

Max

On the B5, (assuming B6 is the same) the water reservoir is on the passenger side. It can be accessed by removing the inner wheel arch. Held in place with stainless steel Torx screws. From there there is a connection in the passenger footwell, then it reappears at the driver's side (above cubby hole) in Avant boot area, before going to hinge and eventually to the wiper motor.