Leaked Official 2013 Audi A3 Photos

Similar to the A1 I'm guessing, who knows though? Already thinking about a spec haha

I like it.
Can't wait to see the S3 Sportback (although I'm a little disappointed at the 2.0T rumour).
By the time we actually get the S3 in Australia, i'll be perfectly timed for an upgrade.

Seats look half decent again!!.... exterior is lovely, interior is a not bad but is a grower, then the 8P was for me due to the weird vents

Wonder if water still p!sses into the cabin when you drop the windows after a shower.

Yeah that pees me of too, all the time.

TBH until its released, no point speculating as they always show a nice pic now, then what arrives later on base models looks awful, anyway we'll see.

Its shaping up for a mk 2.5 rather than a mk3 imho, facelift lol, rather like the golf stable.

I really don't like the back, the side still looks A3 ish and the front lights make it look all bug eyed like those chihuahuas that look a bit deformed - thats my impression and I'm sticking to it. :)

Its lost its identity maaaaaaaan - i'm liking my split grille a lot more than that! FTW

Last edited:

TBH until its released, no point speculating as they always show a nice pic now, then what arrives later on base models looks awful, anyway we'll see.

Its shaping up for a mk 2.5 rather than a mk3 imho, facelift lol, rather like the golf stable.

Do you mean from a styling point of view?

New Audi A3 revealed | News | Auto Express

it states here that it's the fist VAG hatch to use their new platfrom

you're right about the Golf Mk6(it's only a Mk5.25!)

It's growing on me this new A3. Only thing i don't like are the mirrors. Looking forward to seeing the S3!

It's a bit more than a facelift to be fair as it's replacing the ancient 8P platform which has been arount for the best part of a decade now.
More pictures and info here: 2013 Audi A3 Three-Door Hatch Leaked in All its Production Glory - Carscoop
Pictures of the the new Golf 7, also on the new MQB platform, are also kicking around: Volkswagen Golf 7 to appear in 2012

The all new MQB platform will eventually be used by all the manufacturers in the VAG group. The A3 will be the first, followed by the Golf and then new models from both Skoda and Seat.

New A3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best tap into the old pension cos me is havin one o dem for deffo................................ Nice and classy still.......

Who's thinking about purchasing one of these?

I've jumped the gun and emailed my dealer....

Who's thinking about purchasing one of these?

I've jumped the gun and emailed my dealer....

i'll probably get one in time, but I wouldn't be mailing my dealer now as they wouldn't know what the hell I was on about. Audi dealers are the last to know anything about Audis!!

i'll probably get one in time, but I wouldn't be mailing my dealer now as they wouldn't know what the hell I was on about. Audi dealers are the last to know anything about Audis!!
Being released for order in June according to my dealer....

It's not bad, but not making me regret my 8P that hasn't even arrived yet.

The only thing that will annoy me is if the rotor-style (black edition) wheels are standard on the new car. That had better be a higher spec picture >_< That and the added depreciation - but considering I'm intending to keep it for 5 years, a new version was inevitable.

Looks good, but I wouldn't be ordering one straight out of the box.

A lot of the car is new, and it usually takes a year or two to iron out all of the 'bugs', so that's the time I would be looking to buy.

I quite like it. Not too different from now, which is what Audi/VW usually do with the A3/Golf so not to pi$$ off millions of loyal buyers.

Anyone know, when its available to order? I need to order my next car in the next couple of months or so for October delivery, so i expect I'll still get the 2012 version.

I think it looks stunning i imagine the s line will have a slightly nicer kit etc which we are still looking forward to. Not only that the rear end looks miles better than the current 3 door im liking the idea of the leds going across the bootlid like the sportback currently.

Interior looks a lot more fresh i dont mind the flip up nav, Atm i think it looks slightly bland interior wise but im sure when it comes into production the s lines and higher spec editions will have more goodies and gadgets.

Looks very nice, i'm lovin the wing mirrors that everyone seems to hate. I'll look into buying one in a couple of years, gives them time to make all the usual new model tweeks!

^ great find the above link . at 21.5k euro works out £19.3k not cheap for the entry model. how much for the sline or BE?? :ohmy:

Interesting, Looking at the engines they are carrying on with the 1.8TFSI but this time 180BHP :/

I wonder whether thats just down to mapping or a newer revised turbo?

No mention of the 2.0TFSI unit unless its being phased out and revised as a newer power plant for the S3 etc. Seeing as the GTI will have the 2.0TSI unit already they may just leave a 2.0TSI unit in the A3 and plan a monster turbo one in the S3

SOLD X2

Need more MONEY.
I can't though. Only just paid mine off and my parents would go mental! I'm just not too good with new 'stuff'. I have a need to have it, I have serious problems!

I can't though. Only just paid mine off and my parents would go mental! I'm just not too good with new 'stuff'. I have a need to have it, I have serious problems!

Im the same i went through an apple craze it burnt a hole in my pocket :sorry:

on the plus note you have a lovely car with epic spec...Id hold on to it! The new shape looks nice no doubt but the rear end valance is an 8P3 from that video!

Its shaping up for a mk 2.5 rather than a mk3 imho, facelift lol,rather like the golf stable.

Oi leave the Golfs alone :asskicking::jump:

surprisingly i really like it!
doesnt look like the A1 so much and still holds the lines of the A3... not sure about the interior tho...
i wonder how the new sportback will look though?

Happy to see that the interior now has the option of bang and Olfsun :)
[video]https://www.audi-mediaservices.com/publish/ms/content/en/public/webvideo/2012/03/06/Interieur.-bin.acq/qual-Video.Single.VideoFile/W2012050_Interieur_en_preview.mov[/video]

I like it.... Wasnt too sure when I saw the initial spy photos but after watching that A3 vid i know already that I will love the S3. Looks like i've got to start saving again!

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I thought I would post this. Definitely my next purchase!

Gp4e5.png

NOW it's growing on me... Optics and BBS work well (shocking, isnt it).