Jaffa has arrived

Blackie

Reaction score
Website
www.desmocorse.net
After waiting a few weeks , Mrs B & I drove down to Guildford last night to pick up the Jaffa S3 which initially Abyss bought.

I didnt know when i started looking at it that he had already sent it back. In between speaking to the garage i was also PM,ing Abyss regarding the car.

Anyway i struck a good deal & collected it today.The young lad Phillip was a decent enough lad & although it was a long winded affair they did a decent enough job of the sale. The whole bumper was sorted at a cost of £400 in the bodyshop.

It returned 30mpg on the ride home so i was very pleased.

Just got to tinker with it now. Already put gloss black rings on the hatch so onwards & upwards

I,ll get some pics up this week

Glad to hear you've got it Dave, it's a cracking motor..

Enjoy mate

Glad to hear you've got it Dave, it's a cracking motor..

Enjoy mate

Cheers mate

I did get slightly stiffed as part of the deal was 6 months tax thrown in & i noticed when i got home that there is only 4 months left so the tax was already on.
On a lighter note i was expecting something to be amiss so i omitted my own tax disc & left the one in from my cherished number which is now worthless. I will be sending that back for a refund. Oh & the code for the rns-e is missing so i have emailed him for that.

You cant kid a kidder.......

Looks like the lack of service is starting to show. Here is the reply about the RNS code

"There is no RNS code, there is no security code that can activate/deactivate the radio/nav system. If the battery is disconnected for a certain amount of time the system with go into a safe mode where only an Audi dealer can unlock it"

I know that both of my other units came with a code. !!

Cheers

I have just spoken to the lad and tbh he's a little wet behind the ears and was told this by his boss. I have sent him back and told him I know the score with the rns-e and don't **** me about

god they try anything

UPDATE

The lad has called me back & said the code is supplied & only issued with new cars & if i want it it will be £15 to supply it

I have told him to go and see his boss before i return it under the 30 day plan. What a fcukin muppet.

Reactions: a15cff
i knew they would say something on those lines they wanted £60 from me on a brand new car
i got it in the end i would take it back even for £15 ****s

What he has failed to notice that the contract agreement that was signed by them says i get 6 months tax i the deal when in fact i only have 4.

Sticky wicket methinks

Go and get the conning f#####s hit them for the code and then the tax, don't hold back sort them out !
and take you car to another set of thieves for services ect.

And after all that enjoy the new Jaffa with a true felling of victory.

Hope mine as should be on wens when I collect !!!

UPDATE

I spoke to Craig @ audi uk tonight & the code has now been supplied free of charge & he is investigating the tax. I cant blame the young lad at the dealership as he is only learning but some fcukwitt wants ripping a new ******** for his total lack of customer service

I did tell them that this deal could perhaps turn some of the bad press around for Gulidford audi but it obviously fell on deaf ears

Thats the thanks i get for travelling 600 mile & 9 hours round trip to get it. Its s ahme i didnt live nearby or i would have been right in the ****** dealership

Cheers Jen

Got the code which is really what i was after, front & back black gloss rings on now and private plate on today. Gave it a good thrap tonight. **** me it shifts....

I'm toying with the shark route. Some very good reviews and as I told Andy the Miltek is on order.

We've been down to see Ben several times and had a good chat with them regarding the options available. Ok we know they don't offer such high end figures as Revo however I'd say they are potentially a little safer - but as I'm sure you know everybody has their own opinions on various remappers.

I had a Milltek on my last S3 which made a reasonable difference, although I did think it would be louder ( it was non resonated) I imagined it would be as loud as my Remus exhaust I had in my Astra VXR pop pop bang bang but to no avail

ERRRRR. WAIT A MINUTE.

YOU BUY A CAR WHICH IS APPROVED USED..... FOR A 5 FIGURE SUM.
2009122_16135.jpg

a few days later your RNS-E is locked and you kindly request the unlock code....Within the 30 day scheme of you being able to return the car if not happy.

They then have the audacity to charge you a minuscule sum of

FIFTEEN POUNDS =
Fifteen-Pounds-10068634-SM.jpg

I applaud them for there bravery! The things they'll do for your money! Epic.

So hang on a minute, I bought a brand new one, where is the RNS-E code then?

So hang on a minute, I bought a brand new one, where is the RNS-E code then?
its in the rns-e instruction book
but my new 1 didnt even have the book

A Further update

After taking advice & speaking to AUK Customer service i did indeed recieve the radio code & they also investigated why i did a deal which included 6 months tax when in fact there is only 4 on the car.
The fact is i wasnt even ***** about the tax until the radio code saga, then i got a bit cheesed off.
I received an email today saying that there was no evidence of the deal including 6 months tax and as such they could offer no further compensation for the hassle. I asked them to check the sales invoice which says
1 x S3
1 x 6 MONTHS TAX.

I then personally spoke to Kenny the manager & he apologised & offered the 2 months tax as a cheque.

I accepted this & now the matter is closed

I thank Craig @ AUK Customer service & Kenny for bring this to a suitable conclusion which to be honest could have been avoided if a little thought had been applied before it came to this.

Anywa