software update ahhhhhh

donna

Reaction score
waiting for my a3 3.2 v6 update i have spoken to audi in shrewsbury , they are not interested and dont understand, so i emailed audi

uk about the issue with all the information that they require . they phoned me back this evening and thay said they want to run

diognostics . i told them that there is no need to run the diognostics, as this is a software update .

so he is going to speak to his head tech guy to see if there is such a thing .

falling that i will ring huddersfield audi, i think this is where a few of you guys have been succesfully.

Its quite annoying that Audi tends to be really variable with the service you get. I understand from one place to another that you deal with different people but there must be some way of getting information to staff. I went to audi in wimbledon not long ago for a few parts, he took the chassis number down and checked everything, came back with a list of parts and that was that, i went to ipswich audi a few days ago, they did the same, and straight away I was notified of the recall work for the injectors. Wimbledon didn't even mention it even though I knew about the problem after reading it on here.

Just simply provide the tpi number & say you want that applied to your car, thats it, they dont need to ask loads of questions, just do the job as I had done to my tdi the other week for ecu update.

They are very hard to get updates out of.

Many years ago before we had the facility to carry out software updates I wanted an update for a 1.6 petrol for an issue that was well documented for having a software fix. Even when I produced a TPi for the issue they would only book it in for "Diagnostics". The car eventually returned from Audi with a bill for "diagnostics" telling me our customer needed a new ECU and 4 tyres (worst was 4mm!!!). Shortly after I invested in new equipment, did the software update myself and the car is still running faultlesly.

They are a real pain. Find a GOOD independent with the ability to do software updates.

HTH
Steve.

They are very hard to get updates out of.

Many years ago before we had the facility to carry out software updates I wanted an update for a 1.6 petrol for an issue that was well documented for having a software fix. Even when I produced a TPi for the issue they would only book it in for "Diagnostics". The car eventually returned from Audi with a bill for "diagnostics" telling me our customer needed a new ECU and 4 tyres (worst was 4mm!!!). Shortly after I invested in new equipment, did the software update myself and the car is still running faultlesly.

They are a real pain. Find a GOOD independent with the ability to do software updates.

HTH
Steve.

thanks for the replys guys but i throught it had to be audi to do the software only.

Does an update requires a reflash in the same way its needed when doing a remap ?

still working on audi
if my car is indeed in need of a software update , will there be fault codes on the diognostics. if so are they false due to the ecu.

There could be fault codes but probably not as the update is to address a driveability issue. Do as Nigel says, just give them the TPI number and insist on it being carried out.
I honestly wouldn't drive all the way to Huddersfield as they are no better than any other dealer tbh

The TPI number refers to the internal workshop memo with the details of the work etc that needs doing

From CooperUK
I have been made aware that there is a possible issue with the engine management system and that a software update for the ECU has been issued for this engine.

The TPI number is 2010289/3 (it also worded gearbox judder poor acceleration when changing gears at high revs)

The SVM code for the update is 8P01A005

CD UPDATE DISC 4F0 906 961 N

I am aware of a variety of owners who have had this software updated on their cars, having read about them and been in contact with them via the www . audi-sport . net website.

Please see the attached link for confirmation if needed:

8p 3.2 owners please help, software update?? equivelent to vw 6463

There is a variety of other sources for this information online.

I would like to have this update performed on my car as soon as possible.

I understand that it is a 30 minute job and costs about £50 - this would be acceptable.

Please contact me ASAP to arrange for the work to be carried out.

You have to pay for software updates!? York did my old A3 gratis when i took it in for a service once as well as a free vacuum hose recall.