thinking buying a3 1.8 tubo advise needed plese

kev tdi

Reaction score
hi thinking buying an audi 1.8 turbo are all 1.8 t all same engine is it easy to get them to about 220 bhp

Yes it is quite straight forward to achieve that power. You want to get one with the either the 150PS DBW engine or the 180PS engine. Both these remap straight to 210bhp with a Shark stage 1 then stage 2 which requires a turbo back exhaust system takes it to around 225bhp.

When you get the car drop us a PM for a price for the map & exhaust if you want to go to stage 2 :)

I'd recommend getting a decent suspension kit on there as well.

​Hi Kev, welcome to ASN. Enjoy the forum. :)

thanks are all 1.8 t a3 20 value dbw engine want 150 ps one

@ Kev Tdi - Not all A3T's motors are the same, although all are 20VT's, some are 150ps and the others are 180ps. I would personally advise the Audi A3 1.8T AUM Spec as this motor come stock with Drive By Wire,Ko3s Turbo + Variable Valve Timing, where some others are Drive by Cable,Ko3 Turbo and Non- Variable Valve Timing. I personally have an AUM Spec A3T and I am very happy with the car, In a way I am happy I waited for the AUM spec to come along as I also had my eye on a GTI 1.8T AGU(no VVTI,Ko3T,DBC)

From what I have heard the AUM Spec Can Achieve the 220Hp Mark easily. (Remap + Decat + FF Exhaust)

See pics attached for engine Codes and specs. was up in stickies aswell :)

18T1-1.jpg

18T2.jpg

spreadsheetpic.jpg

Good Luck buddy and hope you make the right choice :)

Keep well

the k03s turbo is the way to go.

Many quick a3's in this forum as you'll find out and they started with that stock turbo.