A3 back doors

Towns

Reaction score
Hi I am about to buy an 5 door a3 on a 58 plate ( new style) but during the inspection the both back doors sounded horrible when you shut them , like metal on metal clunk sound.

Anyone else had this problem?

i don't have a sportback but i know they should sound exactly like the fronts and shut with a nice clunk i would ask questions about the car if its making a strange noise

i don't have a sportback but i know they should sound exactly like the fronts and shut with a nice clunk i would ask questions about the car if its making a strange noise

It could just be me I thought there might be a common problem, I will have another look at it
imagejpeg

Could just need a striker plate adjustment, minor if the door seal/lines are correct in line, if not then start looking for bodywork repair signs.

It must be the plate the car was straight as I said paying 10 grand starting to imagine things !!!

No it does seem to be coming from the doors catches when they are about 95% closed just sounds like my cheap fiat UNO back in the eighties not an Audi.

No it does seem to be coming from the doors catches

Mine (Dec 2011) was making a metallic rattling sound from the rear doors and boot lid that seemed to be air pressure related i.e. if one door was open the other door and boot closed normally. Had it into the dealer for the day and it was a flap under the car designed to allow the air pressure in the car to dissipate - turns out they reckon it was not installed properly when the car was built ?!?!!?

All fine now - sound like an Audi, not a tin can - lol

Good luck

Just a thought....have you checked the door handle itself? It might be loose and therefore rattling as the door closes.